Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

Sum 41’s New Album Coming This Fall

Discussion in 'Article Discussion' started by Melody Bot, Jun 1, 2016.

1. Melody Bot

Your friendly little forum bot. Staff Member

bd007h likes this.
  2. Fox83

Trusted

Really looking forward to hearing what Dave brings back to the group.

However, I am a little concerned that they recorded this separately and shared their parts through the internet, much like how Neighborhoods was recorded.

3. delvec19

Trusted

Hopefully back to the way Chuck or Infected sounded. But I won't hold my breath.

bd007h likes this.
  4. Ska Senanake

Trusted

And 2016 releases keep getting better and better.

5. Ska Senanake

Trusted

The new Thrice album was written pretty much entirely online so that process isn't terrible. Tom was probably just being a doucher.

Kizwiz, Raku, skurt and 1 other person like this.
  6. kidinthebushes

Trusted

Just in time for a fall headlining tour! They did say they will be playing a new song at Warped Tour.

7. Fox83

Trusted

True, but Thrice also actually had a producer overseeing things. I think Deryck is producing the new Sum 41 album, just like the last two.

8. pbueddi

Trusted

Was really hoping for a summer release yet. These guys always take forever. Im glad we know it will be out in "fall" but i wish they would have just decided on a date.

Raku likes this.
  9. Fox83

Trusted

In all fairness, I think a lot of it is in the label's control now. They just signed with Hopeless less than a month ago. I wouldn't be surprised if Hopeless is calling the shots in terms of what they think is an optimal release window.

Raku likes this.
  10. Really excited to see what they do with this. I think Screaming Bloody Murder was far and away their best work and I'm interested to see what the new (and old) members bring to the table.

11. shawnhyphenray

Regular

When did thy start this campaign? Everything is already gone

12. skurt

Sleekest of beaks. So Good.

Pretty sure it was last April, at the time it wasn't even announced that Dave was back and Frank wasn't considered official the campaign post was signed Deryck, Cone and Tom

13. Dumpweed182

Shut Up

I'm excited for this. Hoping for a throwback sound.

Raku likes this.
  14. Eric Wilson

Trusted Prestigious

Ready for this.

15. shawnhyphenray

Regular

Ohh wow

16. GetUpAndrew

Constant horror and bone-deep dissatisfaction.

I'm so ready for some Brownsound riffage.

17. Viking Wizard Eyes

Wizard full of lies

Fuck! I was hoping this summer! oh well,
    atleast I'll have new blink in a month :)

18. youngplanetary

still can't believe this is happening. I was bumping all killer no filler just the other day and to think they're gonna be back at it really makes me feel like I'm in 5th grade again listening to their albums on my stupid little stereo haha

Raku likes this.
  19. bd007h

chorus.fm's resident Meg Myers fan #GoSabres/Bills

Hoping for a mix of Chuck/Underclass Hero. Although with Brownsound back in the group it'll likely be more Chuck-ish.

Raku likes this.
  20. Fox83

Trusted

Cone was on a podcast recently and compared it to several of their previous albums as best he could. He said, compared to past albums, sonically it's a lot like Screaming Bloody Murder. But he also said songs are "more to the point" on this album. It's hard and heavy, and they are "snappy and quick" like DTLI and Chuck. There wasn't experimentation with longer tracks like on Screaming Bloody Murder.

bd007h likes this.