Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

The Matches’ ‘Decomposer’ Comes to Vinyl

Discussion in 'Article Discussion' started by Melody Bot, May 31, 2016.

1. Melody Bot

Your friendly little forum bot. Staff Member

KidLightning and bradsonemanband like this.
  2. leahcimbackword

Newbie Prestigious

preordered mine! Precomposer is cool so far

3. Sal Paradise

Trusted

Now I remember why I never bought e Von Dahl. Hard to justify 40 bucks for these albums

Guys Named Todd likes this.
  4. Elder Lightning

A lightning bolt without a cloud in the sky Supporter

This was a no-brainer, price be damned!

bradsonemanband likes this.
  5. joey-wan kenobi

Happiness is a warm gun mama

Hard to pass this up.

6. E Von is going for, what, twice that at least on ebay now? This will sell out too.

7. mattylikesfilms

Trusted

Hopefully it doesn't sell out before Friday :tear:

8. TSLROCKS

Trusted Supporter

ordered

9. Sal Paradise

Trusted

Oh yes, it will definitely sell out. Especially with only 500 pressed. There's just very few albums I'd shell out 40 bucks for. I am a fan of the band, but At this price point, I'll let the die-hards jump on it.

10. LessThanTrevor

Trusted Prestigious

And preordered. Love this album and love this band. I wonder what the chances of them doing a full on reunion album would be? They did those two new songs - but I feel like they're not done.

11. LessThanTrevor

Trusted Prestigious

I wish the Precomposer download was all separated tracks rather than side A and side B. I like it so far though. It's interesting to hear demos for this album.

bradsonemanband likes this.
  12. zigbigwig

I Miss Jake W Prestigious

One of my favorite albums ever.

You may, you may preorder! Wish I had a job or extra cash. Dammit.

13. mattylikesfilms

Trusted

Wait, the download they give you is literally 6 song tracks?

That's stupid to say the least.

14. Jonathan

¯\_(ツ)_/¯ Verified

Bought!

15. Makes it less attractive to download on third party websites. Maybe that was the reason behind that decision.

mattylikesfilms likes this.
  16. stuckinvhs Jun 1, 2016
    (Last edited: Jun 1, 2016)
    stuckinvhs

Social Justice Wizard Prestigious

Highly doubt it but hoping this stays around for a week. I'd hate to spend 40 dollars on an album but I've been wanting this to happen since I started buying records.

Aaaand it's gone. Dreams shattered.

17. zachff

deadformat.net/collection/zachff Prestigious

Already sold out? Damn.

18. Jackbo487

Regular

Was really hoping they'd do this after the E. Von vinyl last year, and...was pleased. Grabbed one quickly since I knew it'd sell out fast.

$40 was somewhat steep, BUT they had to press these themselves and it comes with all that extra stuff, so...yeah. "Insta-buy", as the kids say. Stoked for the LA gigs.

19. Jackbo487

Regular

So...they made another batch of vinyl after the first sold out in like a day.

So... Here's where we are at. 500 vinyl of Decomposer sold out in 25 hours. We have gotten emails from people who missed out, and I didn't take in account that maybe we wanted some copies for ourselves... Soooo... Called the plant and it's not too late to add to the order... Adding another 500... Now I don't expect these to fly like the 1st 500, but this is honestly it!!! All will be numbered and signed and will all ship at the same time. Precomposer download immediate with Pre-order! Thank you!!thematches.storenvy.com‪#‎YouBelong‬‪#‎Decomposer‬‪#‎Precomposer‬‪#‎Recomposer‬‪#‎10Yearcomposer‬

20. stuckinvhs

Social Justice Wizard Prestigious

Praying there still up Wednesday. Pleeeeease.