Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

Fans Report in: Maybe New Jimmy Eat World This Year?

Discussion in 'Article Discussion' started by Melody Bot, May 31, 2016.

1. Melody Bot

Your friendly little forum bot. Staff Member

This article has been imported from chorus.fm for discussion. All of the forum rules still apply.

One of our forum posters interviewed Butch Vig a few weeks ago and shared a tidbit about Butch mentioning he ran into Jim Adkins from Jimmy Eat World:

i had the absolute pleasure of interviewing Butch Vig a few weeks ago and we talked a little about Chase This Light, how he loved what the guys had going on when they started talking ideas, and how he’s still good friends with the band. he then said he ran into Jim the other day, who was in a hurry because “they were on a schedule” and “the record had to be finished by this month”.

Please be true.

2. Ryan

Might be Spider-Man...

New Jimmy Eat World is always accepted

3. delvec19

Trusted

This would be nice. Damage was OK but something the sound quality always bugged me. Too garage and raw sounding if that makes sense. I was a sucker for the glossiness of Futures/Chase This Light.

InfiniteArms, Fox83 and Kyle Max like this.
  4. my heart, oh my heart

5. JohnR831

Regular

I hope so!

6. TrailerParkJesus

OG

I would love to know what they were saying to each other about Chase This Light. Such an awesome, underrated album.

7. SweetThye

@sweetthye

Oh yes please. It's been three years. That's their album cycle. It's time.

8. ncarrab

Prestigious Supporter

I'm truly stunned at how much I didn't like Damage. JEW is a top 10 band of all-time for me and I couldn't have been more disappointed with Damage.

Fox83 likes this.
  9. AshlandATeam

Trusted

I've yet to not love a JEW record.

10. blacktaxi2d

heck yes. i seriously loved Damage tbqh. i think it was just perfect timing in my life for that album. cant wait to hear what they have in store. the dudes are geniuses at crafting songs with memorable choruses.

AshlandATeam likes this.
  11. Ferrari333SP

Prestigious Supporter

Glossiness of Futures/Chase This Light I miss as well

12. chhholly123

i’ve been meaning to tell you

AOTY

AshlandATeam likes this.
  13. Fox83

Trusted

I agree. I don't even mind the "raw" sound if done right. I just felt that instrumentally Damage was pretty straight forward. I wanted it to be more layered/intricate. I feel like it lost some replay value for me because it was a kind of simple recording, if that makes sense. Lyrically it was pretty good though.

14. contra11mundum

I hate spoilers. Supporter

On board

15. Damien Davies

Idk Maybe Supporter

Any Jimmy Eat World is good Jimmy Eat World.

16. Mike

Feel the exact same way. I just couldn't get into Damage. Really hoping for a return to the Bleed American/Futures/Chase This Light polished sound. I'll check it out when it is released but after Damage, I'm just not that excited about new JEW (which is a shame because they were very much one of my favourite bands)

17. Larry David

I'll see you again in 25 years Prestigious

I'll impatiently wait for updates!

18. bd007h

chorus.fm's resident Meg Myers fan #GoSabres/Bills

yesssssss

19. CMilliken

Trusted

Hope this is true. One of the very few bands that haven't had a bad album yet.

20. felipecardel

formless in the night Prestigious

hey guys! that was me who talked to Butch. here's the interview if anyone's interested. it's in portuguese, though, and i didn't include the bit about JEW as it was kind of a side talk that we had while i was asking the third question.

i mentioned his work on Chase This Light because JEW is my favorite band, and he said what's in the OP. there's not much more to it, unfortunately - i only get 15 minutes to do interviews, and on top of that the main topic was the new Garbage record, so there wasn't much room left for production talk.

also, keep in mind that "the record has to be finished by May" can mean just writing or tracking, leaving it yet to be mixed, masterized and so on. i expect it to be out in October.

JRGComedy likes this.
  21. jorbjorb

7 rings

i loved damage. i need a new record. best band ever

AshlandATeam likes this.
  22. Adam Juwig

If you follow their personal instagram accounts, it's pretty obvious that they are out in LA recording a new album. So stoked for a new record.

23. GetUpAndrew

Constant horror and bone-deep dissatisfaction.

Looking forward to it.

24. slimfenix182

FUCKIN SAVAGES IN THAT FUCKIN BOX Prestigious

I enjoyed Damage, but it didn't have much lasting value for me. I always love a few songs off each album, but I haven't loved a full album since Futures. Hopefully that changes.

25. Stevie

Regular

My absolute fav band up until Stay On My Side Tonight. Been underwhelmed by everything since, including Chase This Light.

I selfishly hope this one is more along the lines of pre-2005 Jimmy Eat World :)