Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

PVRIS Recording This Fall

Discussion in 'Article Discussion' started by Melody Bot, May 31, 2016.

1. Melody Bot

Your friendly little forum bot. Staff Member

This article has been imported from chorus.fm for discussion. All of the forum rules still apply.

It looks like PVRIS will be recording their new album in September or October of this year.

“We don’t get our first break until August and it’s not even 100% that we’ll get that, something might come up,” says Brian. “And then I think we’re supposed to record in September or October. That’ll be nice,” insists Lynn. “We’ve got a cool spot picked out and for me, writing is really relaxing. It’s nice downtime. It’s hanging out with Blake and these guys every day. I’m definitely more excited to do stuff in the future now because I know how much we can pull strings,” she grins as the bold get bolder.

2. carlosonthedrums

Cooler than a polar bear's toenails Prestigious

Very welcome news.

3. White

Cum for the Cum God. Prestigious

I can't really explain why but I'm super pessimistic about this band long-term. Maybe it's 'cause I feel like they've found such a perfect niche that they'll stagnate creatively, or because I think Blake is just awful, or some combination of two. Whatever it is, my expectations are relatively low.

4. Ferrari333SP

Prestigious Supporter

Finally; tonight is their 5th time through Minneapolis on this album (2 were pre-White Noise release), so it's about time they finally get around to doing another album. They were probably getting so many good offers to keep touring, that they couldn't turn them down the last year or so. But it sounds like Lynn is really excited for the new material, that has had quite a while to gestate, so I'm pretty excited as well

Kristen likes this.
  5. DerekIsAGooner

So assuming that this weekend...

This will be one of the most hyped up albums to come along in a long time, and for good reason. I have faith that the band will release something great, I just hope that people give it a fair chance when it comes out. I think there's a slim to none chance that it sounds just like "White Noise."

6. Fuckkmerunning

Excited for this. I'd like to hear a bit of a heavier sound with this one. Anything they do I'll listen to anyway Lynn has amazing vocals so whatever they give I'm taking.

7. Kristen

Regular

One of my most anticipated releases!

Jason Tate likes this.
  8. personalmaps

citrus & cinnamon Prestigious

Really excited for this. I'm seeing them on Saturday and I can't wait to see what they bring to the table live. I will say, I don't understand why I've seen a lot of comments about how "long" it's taken to get another album-- 2 years is a pretty normal cycle. If it comes out December/January, that would be about on track.

9. Kristen

Regular

I'd be really surprised if we get it that early but yeah people need to stop complaining. They've literally been going nonstop for years. It's ok to let your favorite bands take breaks.

10. Behind the Barricade

https://www.behindthecade.com

This album will be a huge make or break album for them. Me being a fan, I hope they become massive!

11. Ferrari333SP

Prestigious Supporter

I want a return to this sound

InfiniteArms likes this.
  12. skogsraet

Trusted Supporter

Yeah, a tour with Fall Out Boy and then a headliner? No one in their right mind would say no to that. Someone gave Lynn shit on Twitter or FB or something for taking too long on the White Noise album cycle but they've introduced themselves to a much bigger crowd on these tours. It's good business.

I liked White Noise, played it for about a week but it didn't keep me coming back. Pvris seem professional and hard working though and I'm really curious to see where they're headed next.

13. AelNire

@RiotGrlErin Supporter

White Noise is still on rotation for me so I'm excited for new stuff. It's been..what? 2 years or so?

14. Ferrari333SP

Prestigious Supporter

November 2014 White Noise came out

15. AelNire

@RiotGrlErin Supporter

Yeah..it's definitely time.