Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

Drake Still Topping the Billboard Charts

Discussion in 'Article Discussion' started by Melody Bot, May 30, 2016.

1. Melody Bot

Your friendly little forum bot. Staff Member

This article has been imported from chorus.fm for discussion. All of the forum rules still apply.

Drake remains atop the Billboard charts this week. Ariana Grande comes in at number two and Blake Shelton is at three.

At No. 2 on the new Billboard 200 chart is Ariana Grande’s third full-length studio album, Dangerous Woman, which debuts with 175,000 equivalent album units (of which 129,000 are in traditional album sales).

2. youll be fine

Trusted Supporter

Wild. I'm sure Ariana and her team were definitely not expecting to finish behind Drake

ChaseTx and Carmensaopaulo like this.
  3. mattylikesfilms

Trusted

Hmmm..

Views is not that good but Drake is so big at this point that it doesn't really matter I guess.

4. Kiana

Goddamn, man child Prestigious

Country fans really do buy a lot of cds

5. The Mysterious

Yes...but a thing isn't beautiful because it lasts

Truth. My coworkers here in upstate NY stated they had pretty sizable CD collections as well and would bring a few in to listen to on the weekend, I was utterly dismayed when 90% of said collections turned out to be Luke Bryan, Blake Shelton, ect. Modern-day country is just not something I jive with.

6. aranea

Trusted Prestigious

[​IMG]

Carmensaopaulo and DrAlanGrant like this.
  7. BleedingDodgerBlue

Congrats to Andy Albert of Holiday Parade / Bonaventure for getting a song on Blake's new album (She's got a way with words) .

8. ChaseTx

Big hat enthusiast Prestigious

What's up with Ariana's album being $17? That stopped me from buying it. Could be a factor.

9. Kiana May 31, 2016
    (Last edited: May 31, 2016)
    Kiana

She was selling them at Macy's for $5 and fans were doing buyouts. She's just not as big as drake and doesn't have a dedicated country fan base like blake, who sold more traditional copies

10. incognitojones

Some Freak Supporter

Drake is the Adele of hip hop rn

11. ChaseTx

I'm seeing it for $5 with a $65 perfume purchase at Macy's, lol.

I still think price may have factored into her sales, seeing as Target and Best Buy, probably two of the biggest CD retailers, were selling it for higher than expected prices. I wouldn't be surprised if a lot of casual listeners passed because of that

12. Kiana

Ew I don't blame ppl then nobody wants that

It's kinda surprising to me that target and best buy are big cd retailers cause the ones near me barely have cd aisles lol. Did you check fye? I know they were having a deal where it was $8, or $5 if you bought it with another purchase. Checking online it is $12-14 at Barnes and Noble, best buy, and wal mart. Maybe that $17 was a special edition?

13. ChaseTx

We don't have FYE I think. Target and Best Buy are the main places I think to go for CDs anyway. You could be right about it being a special edition, though I didn't see a regular edition next to it. Oh well!

14. Kiana

They could've been sold out! I actually thought the album would sell more cause I went shopping recently and her album was out of stock in a few places. Tho maybe they didn't put out many to begin with. I know Target's are usually pricier cause they have their own Target special editions with more songs. She still sold pretty well tho imo! Drake is just so big and has all those streams.

Jason Tate likes this.