Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

Blink-182 Albums All Coming to Cassette

Discussion in 'Article Discussion' started by Melody Bot, May 27, 2016.

1. Melody Bot

Your friendly little forum bot. Staff Member

This article has been imported from chorus.fm for discussion. All of the forum rules still apply.

All of Blink-182’s albums are coming to cassette via SRC Vinyl. Fun story: First time I heard Cheshire Cat it was on a cassette tape that a friend had made from his brother’s copy. I listened on a Walkman at lunch via cassette because I had to … now it’s a retro collectable.

Raku likes this.
  2. TDenverFan

Regular

Not really crazy about this trend, casettes just kinda strike me as cash grabs. I guess good for the bands that can make a little cash of it, but I don't quite get the appeal of buying one.

3. 383whitez

I agree that this seems like a cash grab. I don't even think anyone in my immediate family owns a cassette player at this point. So not really sure what the use of them would be other than to sit around to gather dust. I do still have memories though of having a cassette player in my s10 and stealing my dads old metallica and megadeth cassettes so i could jam on the way to school in the morning.

carlosonthedrums likes this.
  4. CyberInferno

Line below my username Supporter

Vinyl is cool. Cassettes are not. If you're going to go with a digital format, you might as well get better digital e.g. CD.

5. HueyLewis

Regular

Cassette releases are just a fun, nostalgic, collectors item. I highly doubt people listen to them but could be fun to have on a shelf. People seem to take them too seriously.

6. theredline

Trusted Supporter

Whatever, Huey...get back to playing those Back To The Future tunes...talk about nostalgia...

7. HueyLewis

Regular

im afraid you're just too darn loud!

bradsonemanband likes this.
  8. theredline

Trusted Supporter

It's too darn loud cause ya killed your ears blasting those newfangled cassette tapes!

9. HueyLewis

Regular

Everyone knows The Power of Love sounds best on cassette.

Raku and bradsonemanband like this.
  10. dubey

Regular

11.99 dust collector

gabe likes this.
  11. gabe

gabebravo.com

Always hated cassettes. Cool for whoever wants one.

12. stuckinvhs

Social Justice Wizard Prestigious

I'm one of the very few who enjoy this stupid cassette thing. With that said, I can not justify spending 16-17 dollars on one.

Raku, bradsonemanband and HueyLewis like this.
  13. Dumpweed182

Shut Up

Not surprising considering your username.

14. Craig Ismaili

@tgscraig Prestigious

While this is cool I guess if you're into cassettes, I must caution people from ordering from SRC. They are not particularly good with actually shipping things out/shipping them correctly/shipping them on time, and they are even worse at communicating these issues.

15. Craig Ismaili

@tgscraig Prestigious

16. stuckinvhs

Social Justice Wizard Prestigious

Cheeky bastard!

Dirty Sanchez and Dumpweed182 like this.
  17. withchappedlips

#nothingiseasy

These have been on cassette for a while now. I'm confused, SRC already made cassettes of blink records. Do they really feel the need to re-create them another time? Weird.

18. Jrm303130

Would never collect cassettes but won't bash someone for doing so. If that's what they're into good for them. People collect crazier things.

gabe likes this.
  19. I have a small cassette tape collection, but I also own a stereo that plays them. So I actually listen to them sometimes.

Raku likes this.
  20. CampfireColorado

Regular

there's just something about popping a great cassette tape into my car stereo and letting it ride. probably just nostalgia at this point, but its better than drugs.

Raku, HueyLewis and Dumpweed182 like this.
  21. HueyLewis

Regular

I copied Cheshire Cat from my brothers CD to tape and Dude Ranch from my friends CD. I played them both to death, so, listening on tape would be the ultimate nostalgia trip. I need to buy a tape player.

Raku likes this.
  22. Horrorca

Trusted

fun little things they are

a lot of noise projects release thier shit as tapes and I'm down with that

I have a s/t tape and listen to it quite a bit, it's cool just don't charge $17 for one

HueyLewis and Raku like this.
  23. Raku

Regular

Not to cause any drama, but I think Cassettes are a much better collector items and nicer listening experience than Vinyl.

That being said though, I still prefer my CDs though.

24. youngplanetary

I gotta agree with that. I had a few really great tapes in my old car and it was so cool cycling through them on my way to work and whatnot. Looks like I'll need to get my hands on a cassette player!

CampfireColorado and Raku like this.
  25. HueyLewis

Regular

I'm a CD guy myself. I just love the nostalgia of them, but I do have a mini collection of my favorite records on vinyl. Vinyl are the most aesthetically pleasing with the Big artwork and different colored records. They just aren't convinent for my life style right now.