Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

I Too Am A Nightmare (Encore Episode 125) Podcast

Discussion in 'Article Discussion' started by Melody Bot, May 27, 2016.

1. Melody Bot

Your friendly little forum bot. Staff Member

This article has been imported from chorus.fm for discussion. All of the forum rules still apply.

The obvious topic this week is a look at Brand New’s new single “I Am a Nightmare.” Do we like it? Where does it fit in the band’s discography? Has Thomas finally come around on Daisy? It’s Brand New, so of course we’re talking about it for a while. We also spend some time talking about the new Chorus logo, the (great) Riot Fest lineup, and how Bandcamp has figured out a sustainable business model. We end by talking a little about what defunct pop-punk band we think we’d most like to come back for the summer. As always, thank you for listening!

Sponsor

• Creep Records: Check out the latest release from JANK and make sure to use the promo code CHORUSMENDSBROKENHEARTS for 10% off your purchase in their webstore.
    Hosts + More

Show Notes

• Coming soon.
    Subscribe

You can subscribe to this podcast in iTunes, via any podcast player using our RSS feed, on SoundCloud, via Overcast, in Google Play, or on Stitcher. You can also find all of our previous episodes archived on our podcast page, iTunes, or on SoundCloud.

If you have any follow-up, questions, or a topic you’d like us to cover on a future episode, please send a tweet using the hashtag #askEncore. If you’d like to follow this podcast on Twitter we are at @encorepodcast. We love hearing from listeners and are always looking for topics both big and small to tackle. So, let us know!

If you like the podcast, could you please rate and review us on iTunes? It really does help. If you’re using the great podcast player Overcast, please hit the “recommended” button on the episodes you like. And if you have any friends that you think would like our podcast, please let them know! Word of mouth and telling people about this podcast will always be the best thing you can do to help us out. We really appreciate it.

Information about sponsoring our podcast can be found on this page, and if you become a member you get episodes a day early along with a bunch of other perks.

2. fourstarters

Team Wiggum

Northstar or Midtown.

trevorshmevor and Kingjohn_654 like this.
  3. kylethrash

Id love to hear you guys, specifically Thomas as a fellow New York concert goer, talk about the police commissioners statement this week on the Irving Plaza shooting. (NYPD's Bratton Blames 'Thugs' for T.I. Concert Fatal Shooting)

My main two questions are: Is it fair for the commissioner to blame and/or point fingers at rap culture for this event? Should everyone, including the artists and their crew be searched for weapons or other illegal items before entering the venue?

Josh Homme of QOTSA was pretty upset at Made of America festival a couple years ago for having his crew get searched Queens of the Stone Age are pissed about their 'Made in America Festival' experience

4. theredline

Trusted Supporter

Midtown for sure.

5. fourstarters

Team Wiggum

I don't think it's unreasonable to hold artists to the same standard fans are.

6. kylethrash

I agree