Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

Albums in Stores – May 27th, 2016

Discussion in 'Article Discussion' started by Melody Bot, May 27, 2016.

1. Melody Bot

Your friendly little forum bot. Staff Member

2. elemenohpe

Irregular Prestigious

In addition to the stuff listed above I'll also be checking out:

Death Angel - The Evil Divide
    Gutter Instinct - Age of the Fanatic
    Hollow Bones - Lionheart
    Jim Bruer and The Loud & Rowdy - Songs from the Garage
    Katalepsy - Gravenous Hour
    Moments Till Fall - Truth Favors The Brave
    Of Mice & Men - Live at Brixton
    Six Feet Under - Graveyard Classics IV
    Spell - And None For All
    Withered - Grief Relic

3. Orla

little old lady Prestigious

Picked up the new Ladylike Lily EP. Gotta check out that Thrice record.

4. Anthony_

A (Cancelled) Dork Prestigious

I got my digital download of The Hotelier album last weekend so I've been listening to that over and over (and over and over) since then. It's a pretty special piece of art. I'm amazed at the growth that the band has been able to achieve in just three albums. Other than that today I'm mostly just excited to hear the new Real Friends album. Going to have to wait until after my law school graduation to do so, however, because it's probably not getting delivered until this afternoon.

CMilliken and elemenohpe like this.
  5. [removed]

Trusted Prestigious

Cassino's album is incredible. Everyone grab that immediately.

6. Chaplain Tappman

Trusted Prestigious

Kevin Gates dropped retail tape by surprise as well.

the gold panda, lone, and fifth harmony records are sounding pretty solid to excellent

jorbjorb likes this.
  7. Olyphantastic

"See you in the car! Best wishes" -Milhouse Supporter

Two second chances (and one first) for me this week. I never really got into The Hotelier's last record, try as I might, but I checked out the first song they released however many months ago now and dug it well enough, so I'm gonna check the new record out and see if it sticks any better.

I love Holy Fuck's first album, but never really got into any more of their stuff beyond it, but I'm happy to see if their new output impresses.

And I guess I'll check out PUP even though I've literally never heard them before, just cause I've been hearing some buzz about them since their last record and always meant to check them out. No time like the present.

8. GetUpAndrew

Constant horror and bone-deep dissatisfaction.

Thrice, Architects, The Hotelier, Half Hearted Hero, Vinnie Caruana, such a great day for music.

9. therookielot

Punk, Absolute Prestigious

Jared Dunn - The Home Around My Bones

10. Solidus

This is a war, sober up

Loving the new Architects album, it feels like LF//LT turned up to 11. Need to check out Thrice later.

11. jorbjorb

7 rings

Thrice, Architects, Hotelier, PUP

12. chuwaay

PUP, Real Friends, Hotelier all day.

Will listen in the future: Band of Skulls, Architects, Flume, Lacuna Coil, and Thrice.

13. CMilliken

Trusted

I've had The Hotelier for a week. It's great. Thinking about going to my local record store to pick up the fourth and final variant of that album I need since the ones I ordered won't be here this week.

Definitely listening to PUP, Real Friends, Thrice, and Architects today.

14. xenoabe

Regular

Thrice
    Real Friends
    Pup
    Chance (on Spotify today)
    Holy Fuck

15. ncarrab

Prestigious Supporter

I really want it, but I feel as though I may wait until they release the full length.

16. skurt

Sleekest of beaks. So Good.

Didn't know Daniel Romano had a new one coming out, nice surprise.

17. Micah511

We reach for the longest shadow Supporter

Holy crap Thrice's Hurricane is an incredible song.

Anyway, checking out Thrice, Pup, Hotelier, and Hesitation Wounds today. The only one I listened to beforehand was hotelier, and it didn't blow me away. It probably had to do with manually going in to play the songs individually on the stereogum website from my phone. Killed the flow. I'll take some time this weekend to pay more attention.

18. ncarrab

Prestigious Supporter

Maybe not the place for this, but does anyone know if Chance's Coloring Book will be on iTunes? Surf was on iTunes for free.

19. btr

Trusted Supporter

He tweeted that it would be everywhere today, but so far I just see it on Spotify, not iTunes

20. Zip It Chris

Be kind; everyone is on their own journey.

I have an outrageous question that I hope doesn't ruin anyone's day, as I know the Hotelier has a huge amount of support here...How do you pronounce their name? Is it 'hotel-eer,' 'hot-liar,' 'hotel-e-air?" Trying to tell a work buddy to check them out and don't want to butcher the band name!

21. whitenblue88

The rivalry is back on

Huge week for me.

Arthur Beatrice, The Hotelier, Thrice, PUP, Kristin Kontrol, and Flume are on my list this week. Also maybe Catfish and the Bottlemen if I can find it, since it's not on Spotify.

22. ncarrab

Prestigious Supporter

Yeah, I'm at work so can't check, but I did see a bunch of people complaining on Twitter that it wasn't on iTunes.

I do see it on DatPiff again.

23. bachna84

we are nothing more than mannequins Prestigious

I just pronounce it "hotel year"

everybody, please correct me if i'm wrong!

Chris Prindle likes this.
  24. HalfHearted

Regular

They were originally The Hotel Year and changed their name, so I have just been pronouncing it the same way.

Chris Prindle likes this.
  25. Zip It Chris

Be kind; everyone is on their own journey.

Great, thanks guys!

HalfHearted likes this.