Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

Anthony Green Finishes Next Solo Album

Discussion in 'Article Discussion' started by Melody Bot, May 26, 2016.

1. Melody Bot

Your friendly little forum bot. Staff Member

2. cryates

Trusted Prestigious

This man stays busy, but that's :ok: with me

CMilliken likes this.
  3. bobsheiskawy

is it the same for you? Prestigious

really thought it was going to be called #YoungGods

4. Damien Davies

Idk Maybe Supporter

Do you mean #littlegods like he tags all his photos with?

5. Transient_Hymn

Somebody Turn the Neon Down Supporter

Damn. He is putting out so much music. Dope Dope Dope

6. palebluedot

I really admire this dude. Unfortunately, his solo stuff is what I find the hardest to get into.

7. skurt

Sleekest of beaks. So Good.

Loved Avalon and Beautiful Things. Couldn't get into Young Legs no matter how hard I tried, considering this is with the same producer my expectations are low.

8. maxracer

anthony is so sweet, sometimes responds to my tweets on twitter

as long as there are 7th chords and a dynamic scale change within the songs, im in!

teebs41 likes this.
  9. teebs41

Prestigious Prestigious

I noticed this, he writes his solo stuff with a ton of major and minor 7th chords! Haha it's actually really solid writing usually

10. devenstonow

Noobie

ugh will yip

11. Bartek T.

D'oh! Prestigious

Could you guys give me a simple explanation on what a 7th chord is? ;D I'm mostly an amateur ;p

..So good to get another record from Anthony, and Circa's going to be back at it in November or so, Saosin just got released, it's insane. Would love to see something from TSAOF within next 2 years ;D

@devenstonow - is it a bad thing? Everything he did with Anthony sounds just fine, and it seems like a really great co-operation they have going.

12. devenstonow

Noobie

I love Avalon; it's one of my favorite albums (though I haven't listened to in over a year). But Will Yip's recording techniques are just so detrimental. New Circa is just "off" from it, Young Legs wasn't that great. The only album off the top of my head that Will Yip's stuff works with is Tigers Jaw.

13. lolfpcmlol

Regular

I hope there are some guest features. Love circa survive but am not huge on his solo stuff but the tracks with nate ruess and chino were phenomenal.

14. Bartek T.

D'oh! Prestigious

Well, I'll have to admit "Avalon" has been my favorite too :) also the version Colin did is amazing. But I try to cherish everything he puts out equally, and actually enjoyed "Young Legs" a lot as well. His Audiotree Session from that period was top notch and just fun for me.

devenstonow likes this.
  15. lolfpcmlol

Regular

I am surprised to see this. I thought Will Yip was pretty universally loved here. How do you feel about Balance and Composure's latest? I think the guitar tones on that are some of my favorite.

16. maxracer

aesthically i feel like the 7th's are "hopeful" sounding, they basically have a dreamy texture. like pink floyd

i think there are more basic major piano chords on his newer stuff, which creates the more mature and less playful sound ppl may initally not like

17. devenstonow

Noobie

I haven't really listened to B&C much at all and haven't heard it. And read the thread announcing that he did the new Menzingers album. I also don't like how the new Starting Line sounds.

The problem is it's clear that he brings out the best in artists from a songwriting perspective, but I just don't like his "sound"

18. teebs41

Prestigious Prestigious

It's an extension to tour major or minor chord.. So a major chord is built off of a root major third and perfect 5th and a minor chord is built off of r b3 and 5

Major 7th= 1 3 5 and a major 7th

Minor 7th= 1 b3 5 and a minor 7th interval

19. Bartek T.

D'oh! Prestigious

@maxracer @teebs41 thanks guys, I'll read more into that and take notice if I'm unknowingly using it on my guitar at all - it seems that probably yes if I understood it correctly now ;p

@lolfpcmlol That's probably the most loved, but also the most hated producer ;P I love the B&C record he did, but there are people here who say it sucks sonically. Different strokes ;) Although, I suppose that most of his sound comes from the bands, and that's it, like for example the aforementioned Starting Line EP - this sound was surely controlled and sought-after by the band themselves.

20. rxbandit89

probably over-caffeinated. Supporter

Anthony is a songwriting machine. Other than maybe the new Saosin, I never end up wholly loving any of his albums from start to finish, but I always find 4 or 5 songs out of 12 that I end up enjoying immensely on repeat. It doesn't matter if it's Circa, solo stuff, SOAF, or any of the other 15 things he's popped up in.

Regardless of the somewhat hit-or-miss nature I find in his output, I have so much respect for him from his work ethic, stage presence, and demeanor.

Bartek T. likes this.
  21. bobsheiskawy

is it the same for you? Prestigious

yeah. i should've double-checked before just posting haha.

22. Derek Wright

Regular Prestigious

This is a project I'm looking forward to. Love his last solo record. His voice is something I could never over play.

23. Bartek T.

D'oh! Prestigious

I'm just wondering what direction it will take (well, already took), every album has a different sound definitely!

24. John Zafran

As If Everything Was Held In Place

this!