Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

Fumbling Toward Ecstasy

Discussion in 'Article Discussion' started by Melody Bot, May 26, 2016.

1. Melody Bot

Your friendly little forum bot. Staff Member

This article has been imported from chorus.fm for discussion. All of the forum rules still apply.

Ian Cohen, writing for Noisey, about The Hotelier’s new album:

The second path, surprisingly, was that of Brand New. Not in the sense that the Hotelier had become a band welcomed at any variation of Emo Night or that they’d even one day headline Madison Square Garden. Here was my friend’s explanation of the Brand New model: “They’ll make every wrong move that turns out to be the right move.”

Yes, the artwork is at the top.

2. billcom6

Out of curiosity have they discussed the album cover choice for this album anywhere?

3. sean_rugy

select all delete Prestigious

saved. always enjoy Ian's writing and this album is something special.

4. bertbro

5. Dumpweed182

Shut Up

I just can't for the life of me understand why you would ever want that to be your album cover.

6. bertbro

It's weirdly grown on me. If you listen to the album enough times, it just kind of makes sense. With that said, if you read the interview in the link I posted above, it sounds like Christian was the only one who wanted this as the album art.

7. Yellowcard2006 May 26, 2016
    (Last edited: May 26, 2016)
    Yellowcard2006

Trusted

I think a nature scene with a deer would have been a better album cover but that's just me.

Not real of fan of nudity on album covers. Not a fan of the cover of Where You Want To Be either.

Been listening to this album nearly everyday, it's quite something. Nice article as well.

8. hoodrat

Regular

Ian Cohen for President.

9. kylethrash

This album rocks. Soft animal is my current favorite song of the year.

10. fyebes

Regular Prestigious

thanks for the NSFW heads up.