Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

The Strokes Announce New EP

Discussion in 'Article Discussion' started by Melody Bot, May 26, 2016.

1. Melody Bot

Your friendly little forum bot. Staff Member

2. skurt

Sleekest of beaks. So Good.

Third track "Threat of Joy" up now as well.
    The Strokes

3. mattylikesfilms

Trusted

Drag Queen sounds like they took acid and said fuck it, OBLIVIUS is a return to form thank god so it sounds pretty damn good, and Threat of Joy is a solid middle ground between old Strokes and Comedown Machine.

Not bad boys. I'll be seeing them live at Governors Ball next week so I'm stoked off this EP.

4. redwing91007

Next Show - Foals April 22nd

Happy they are putting new stuff out, in the middle of listening to the EP now.

5. ianzandi

Regular

Looks like it's an accidentally release on Spotify. Release date says June 3rd and it isn't on the artist page, only if you search for it

6. redwing91007

Don't think it was accidental, they have in embedded on their website

7. contra11mundum

I hate spoilers. Supporter

I can't find it on Spotify

8. redwing91007

9. contra11mundum

redwing91007 likes this.
  10. Bear

Bear the dog. Great Pyrenees/Newfoundland mix

Oblivius is great but 1 for 3 for me on this one.

11. zachmacD

Trusted

Ill have to check this out. I haven't enjoyed any of their music in a while but Is This It? is one of my all time favorite records.

Brand New likes this.
  12. First time since I cancelled Spotify premium and went with Apple Music that I've been bummed!

llllllllllllllll likes this.
  13. skurt

Sleekest of beaks. So Good.

It's streaming on Julian's record labels website to cultrecords.com, and there vevo channel.

14. manoverboard365

Trusted

I'm loving the whole ep. Hell even the remix is really good! So happy to see them coming back solid. Pumped as hell for govball next week.

15. You are my guardian angel! Thank you!

16. SteveLikesMusic

approx. 3rd coolest Steve on here Supporter

Oof, not into tracks 1 or 3 at all.

17. Rob Hughes

Play the Yakuza series

Aside from the first couple of albums, this band has really turned into a huge singles fan for me. Is This It? and Room on Fire are really great albums, but they fell off after that and the singles turned into the best songs of their albums after that. This hasn't changed my mind at all, even if it's only an EP.

18. contra11mundum

I want to like this. Or even hate it. Or feel any kind of emotion towards it whatsoever.

All I'm getting is indifference.

19. Allpwrtoslaves

Trusted

Yikes, that's how I felt about Comedown Machine. I really hope this band hasn't started reached the point in their career where it's all downhill from here.