Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

Geoff Johns Praises Ben Affleck’s Batman Script

Discussion in 'Article Discussion' started by Melody Bot, May 26, 2016.

1. Melody Bot

Your friendly little forum bot. Staff Member

This article has been imported from chorus.fm for discussion. All of the forum rules still apply.

DC Comics’ Geoff Johns was on Seth Meyers the other night to talk about DC’s new “rebirth” comic story (for what it’s worth: I really liked the first issue) — there’s a little mention of working with Ben Affleck on a solo Batman movie as well.

2. xapplexpiex

sup? Supporter

Every series he writes is golden. I'm excited for this movie

3. CMilliken

Trusted

I've heard he was the only good thing about BvS. I've also really enjoyed the stuff he writes and directs. Could be great.

4. mattylikesfilms

Trusted

I am glad that the general consensus was Batfleck was bad ass. I remember saying it from day one that Affleck will crush it but most people on the internet was preparing themselves for something worse than Batman and Robin hah.

I enjoyed BvS but I did see the clear problems with it. Editing being hacked to the bone (Tierro's script was 4 hours long originally), motives not being fully realized or fleshed out, not enough psychological build up, and a weak third act once you bring Doomsday into it, ect.

However; you have to all admit that Batman fight sequence to save Martha was OFF. THE. CHAIN. I went to the LA premiere 5 days before the film came out and I remember everyone standing up to clap once that was done. So if we can get action like that mixed with Affleck's direction/acting and Geoff Johns overseeing the process to make sure it's the best Bat film we can get? Sign me up now.

5. Dave Dykstra

Daveydyk

Haven't seen bvs yet. I just can't stand Zack Snyder for the most part. Man of steel bored me to death. He does make his movies pretty though I'll give him that. Excited for a Batman movie if there is no Snyder involved.

6. Chummel

This Must Be My Dream

I just wish they saved that scene for the movie instead of releasing it for one of the trailers. I agree that warehouse scene is badass and if that's what we can expect from Batfleck, sign me up as well

mattylikesfilms likes this.
  7. mattylikesfilms

Trusted

Oh I agree. I think the reaction to the second trailer was so derailing that the studio forced it upon Snyder and co.

I truly believe Ben can deliver the best and most comic book accurate film to date. Can't wait!

Chummel likes this.
  8. mattylikesfilms

Trusted

I dug MoS a lot minus the third act destruction. You might not enjoy BvS then but it's worth checking out on home video. Snyder is supposedly done after JL.

9. Dave Dykstra

Daveydyk

Cool. Ya I plan on checking it out. I agree the 3rd act just got so long, that was my biggest gripe with the movie. I feel Snyder has trouble with pacing, and adding some fun to the movie. I heard bvs has some cool action though, and I think being able to drink a couple beers while I watch it will help haha.

mattylikesfilms likes this.
  10. ZeoVGM

Regular

Rebirth was great. It's a fantastic first step to fixing the massive mess that has been the DC Universe since the New 52 crap.

Raku, Jason Tate and Eric Wilson like this.
  11. Eric Wilson

Trusted Prestigious

Will be ready for this. Hoping Suicide Squad and the upcoming DC movies next year get it right.