Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

The Killers Bassist to Take Break From Touring

Discussion in 'Article Discussion' started by Melody Bot, May 25, 2016.

1. Melody Bot

Your friendly little forum bot. Staff Member

This article has been imported from chorus.fm for discussion. All of the forum rules still apply.

The Killers have announced that their bassist, Mark Stoermer, will be taking a break from touring with the band for the foreseeable future.

Mark has decided to take a break from The Killers touring—but don’t be surprised if you see him on stage from time to time. Everyone supports Mark’s decision to take a break to pursue other educational goals and releasing a solo album. The four of us continue to work on our fifth studio album together, and we’re all excited about the new songs we’re writing.

2. SPine

Trusted

Nooo I'm seeing them next Friday...

3. CMilliken

Trusted

They haven't been playing many shows for the past 4 years... That's a bummer.

4. DooDooBird

Trusted

Wish they'd drop a new album soon. Been awhile since Battle Born, which I thought was great!

5. Thursdaysox

We know it from the silence

Usually I wouldn't be too bummed over a fill-in bassist, but this guys has written so many killer bass lines. Hoping he still gets to the studio!

Edit: didn't even see that pun at first. wow.

Essie, Kingjohn_654 and Jason Tate like this.
  6. bodkins

Trusted

Glad to hear he's still working on the record with him. I'm sure they'll find a solid fill in, though his feel is gonna be tough to duplicate.

7. Serenity Now

deliver us from e-mail Supporter

Love me some Killers albums 1-3. Glad he is still working with them in the studio.

Wonder what his educational pursuits are...

8. BradBradley

Regular

Finally. For ONCE it looks like Mark doesn't want to be there.

9. bodkins

Trusted

Zing!

10. SEANoftheDEAD

Trusted

ahh bummer, but hope the best for him. amped for a new album!

11. stuckinvhs

Social Justice Wizard Prestigious

Ready for a new album.

12. bodkins

Trusted

13. Eric Wilson

Trusted Prestigious