Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

Blink-182 Add Two Shows with Hawthorne Heights

Discussion in 'Article Discussion' started by Melody Bot, May 20, 2016.

1. Melody Bot

Your friendly little forum bot. Staff Member

2. heymynameisjoe

when the days have no numbers Prestigious

[​IMG]

3. ncarrab

Prestigious Supporter

What an odd opener...thought this band sort of fell off the face of the earth.

4. emeril91

AP.net user of 8 years. Music lover.

Wow, that's hue for them. Like actually massive. Can't believe it.

5. Richard

Trusted Prestigious

Always like to see HH do well ha. JT always seem to be a genuine guy, and they've obviously been through a lot.

ianebaldwin likes this.
  6. Happy for them! :-)

They represent Dayton well and I am glad that they are still truckin' along.

7. ARo24

Regular

That's huge for HH. Good for them they're good dudes.

8. Without any context this seems incredibly random haha

Dirty Sanchez likes this.
  9. Schooner

Trusted

I saw HH in front of about 20 people a month ago. Not exaggerating.
    They played well enough but was hardly any energy and was a little boring. Mest upstaged them in front of their 25 ppl

10. marceting

Trusted

Pics?

11. Schooner

Trusted

image.jpeg image.jpeg Didn't really take any of the empty room though. Not that mean. I enjoyed myself. Was a good little Sunday arvo. Had a few beers and watched my sporting team win before it and had one of the best burgers of my life, not pretty but looks are deceiving image.jpeg

aoftbsten and marceting like this.
  12. marceting

Trusted

That burger looks absolutely beautiful. Those picturesque burgers are overrated.

Schooner likes this.
  13. aoftbsten

Trusted Supporter

Honestly had no idea Hawthorn Heights was still a band.

14. aoftbsten

Trusted Supporter

I second this. That burger looks magical.

Schooner and marceting like this.
  15. Dirty Sanchez

Prestigious Prestigious

20 people sounds depressing.

16. TFT87

Regular

It's kinda crazy HH was playing arenas with FOB in 2006 and are now playing for crowds of 20. That's the music industry I guess.

17. Jake Z

Regular

The shitty thing is their last few records really have been pretty decent IMO.

ianebaldwin likes this.
  18. I tried Hate when that came out and it had to have been one of the worst records I've heard in the genre

19. TFT87

Regular

Yeah I feel like everything after "If Only You Were Lonely" has been pretty bad. Props to these guys for continuing though.

20. milnj

How is this new? The announcement of the HH as the opener is new but I had tickets to the June 23rd show before the main tour was even announced.

21. Brent

Trusted Prestigious

Those shows can feel so bad in the moment, but then looking back it's always neat. I saw Forgive Durden play to about the same, if not less (with their family members in the crowd as part of that count) at Chain back in like 07.

SaveTheEarth and Dirty Sanchez like this.
  22. Schooner

Trusted

Lucky the gig was that album in full for 10yr anniversary

23. HelloThisIsDog

Trusted

The announcement of HH as the opener was the new news....

24. ncarrab

Prestigious Supporter

I think it's cool to see a band play in front of 20 people BEFORE they 'blow up' but not after. Then it's just depressing.

I saw Silverstein in 2003 at a little place called Pirates Cove in Cleveland, literally played in front of maybe 15 people. A year later, they played in front of about 150 people and then it was House of Blues after that.

Seen Twenty One Pilots a ton of times in about venues sized for 100 to 200 people. We all know what they're doing now.

It depressed me when I saw Straylight Run play in the winter of 2007 in front of just about 75 people. I remember going to that show thinking they'd be playing in the theater section and I got there and it was in the small ballroom instead. Also, when I saw The Early November play in 2012 at House of Blues when it was only a quarter full. That was sad too.

I saw John Nolan and Geoff Rickley do a solo acoustic show in 2013 in Lakewood Ohio and there was literally under 25 people there. That too was depressing. John even made some comments like "this is not what we were expecting."

SaveTheEarth and ianebaldwin like this.