Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

Real Friends – “Mokena” Video

Discussion in 'Article Discussion' started by Melody Bot, May 19, 2016.

1. Melody Bot

Your friendly little forum bot. Staff Member

2. btr

Trusted Supporter

Well it's definitely a Kyle song...

3. SmithBerryCrunch

Trusted Prestigious

Yikes. This is not very good.

4. Sander

kflkmflkm

embarrassingly bad

5. Can we start a GoFundMe to get Kyle a high school English education? I know that sounds harsh but... it wouldn't hurt. The band is sounding really great though. Dan needs to stand up to Kyle and write all the lyrics next time.

6. SweetThye

@sweetthye

Worst slide show I've ever seen

7. simplejack

I wish I could say something but silence is fine.

Kyle, get over it.

DrAlanGrant likes this.
  8. CMilliken

Trusted

I enjoyed this one. 4/4 for me. I saw people complaining online that it's not pop punk anymore. I'm happy with how the band is sounding.

9. youll be fine

Trusted Supporter

I like this band but damn this song hurts my ears. More Colder Quicker please

10. CheapPop

Regular

Yeah, this is probably my least favorite song they have released do far.

11. Neon Light

rage and love

I agree, I really like the soft/loud/soft/loud thing they did and wish the lyrics were better because it's got potential.

12. koryoreo

Trusted Supporter

Bands never had great lyrics and I've enjoyed their music regardless. They put on a fun live show and the 5 dollar tour that they did was one of the coolest things I've ever seen a band do for its fans. I got an 80 minute set full of songs they probably won't play live in the future and a copy of the new album for 9 bucks. This song is enjoyable and I'm hoping for a stream tomorrow or Monday

13. Zoshchenko May 19, 2016
    (Last edited: May 19, 2016)
    Zoshchenko

Trusted Supporter

What the fuck, Mokena was my username before I change it to my real name and I'm literally in Mokena, IL right now...

Honestly feels so weird for my town of ~20,000 to be a fucking song title.

Time to listen to this song.

Edit: Not very good or interesting, just like the town tbh

14. Every time I scroll past this I laugh harder than the time I did before. Bravo.

15. parkerxcore

Somebody's gonna miss us Supporter

You got a good laugh out of me.

16. parkerxcore

Somebody's gonna miss us Supporter

I don't know what is it, but everything about this band just screams fake to me. Everything just seems like a conscious business decision. For whatever reason though, I still enjoy the music and it pisses me off.

17. btr

Trusted Supporter

I know their lyrics give off that vibe, but they're the farthest thing from fake. They give back to their fans and raise awareness on certain issues more so than most bands I know. They're good people, they just have trouble being taken seriously by the casual fan.

18. Ryan G

Moderator Moderator

Doesn't Kyle write all of their lyrics for every song? I guess I thought he wrote everything. Does Dan write some of the songs' lyrics?

19. btr

Trusted Supporter

Dan wrote 4 out of the 12 songs on the new album. Everything else has always been Kyle.

20. Ryan G

Moderator Moderator

Interesting. I'll be curious in hearing the songs Dan wrote.