Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

Donkey King Score Achieved

Discussion in 'Article Discussion' started by Melody Bot, May 19, 2016.

1. Melody Bot

Your friendly little forum bot. Staff Member

This article has been imported from chorus.fm for discussion. All of the forum rules still apply.

Wes Copeland has broken the all-time record high score for Donkey Kong.

It’s how he took the title, though that’s so staggering. Copeland did not lose a single Mario in the game. He took his first life all the way from the first level all the way to the end, cashing in the extra lives to obliterate all comers.

“This will be my last record score,” Copeland wrote on Facebook. “I don’t believe I can put up a game any higher than this.” Copeland had set 1.2 million as his ultimate goal in Donkey Kong, and said he’d retire from competition if he could reach that.

2. Wobbie

Sing me a story I haven't heard yet. Prestigious

Sorry to nit pick, but you've got the article title as "Donkey King", haha.

3. SEANoftheDEAD

Trusted

Immortal.

4. SEANoftheDEAD

Trusted

haha well technically Wes is the Donkey King.

5. circasurviver May 19, 2016
    (Last edited: May 19, 2016)
    circasurviver

Trusted

There is a documentary about two guys competing to get the high score called The King of Kong. It might be a reference to that.

Those guys scores were in the hundreds of thousands I believe. 1.2 million is insane!

dvdjmskng likes this.
  6. Anticitizen7

Please be kind. Like actually kind though.

Dankey Kang is some super serious business in the gaming record world. Congrats to this guy.

Christian Romero likes this.
  7. Fox83

Trusted

[​IMG]

slimfenix182 and Micool1 like this.
  8. zigbigwig

I Miss Jake W Prestigious

Your move Eminem!

9. Zip It Chris

Be kind; everyone is on their own journey.

Hopefully the government knows about this guy just in case...

[​IMG]

Micool1 likes this.
  10. It was a play on being the world record holder ... it was late when I wrote it.

11. Wwwwooooooooowwwwwww

12. Wobbie

Sing me a story I haven't heard yet. Prestigious

Ahhhh, i get it now, haha. I would have gone with "King Kong Score Achieved" myself, haha.

Jason Tate likes this.
  13. dvdjmskng

The horizon is my home... Supporter

That documentary is incredible. Billy Mitchell is basically the perfect villain.

incognitojones likes this.
  14. incognitojones

Some Freak Supporter

Crazy how the record got so much more competitive after that great documentary. This record is pretty insane and I hope he can stay at the top for a long time.

15. supernovagirl

Poetic and noble land mermaid

this is impressive because as someone who only played console version of DK and recently played this at an arcade I couldn't last for shit.