Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

‘Your Favorite Band Is Killing Me’

Discussion in 'Article Discussion' started by Melody Bot, May 18, 2016.

1. Melody Bot

Your friendly little forum bot. Staff Member

This article has been imported from chorus.fm for discussion. All of the forum rules still apply.

Steven Hyden released his new book, Your Favorite Band is Killing Me: What Pop Music Rivalries Reveal About the Meaning of Life, this week.

Beatles vs. Stones. Biggie vs. Tupac. Kanye vs. Taylor. Who do you choose? And what does that say about you? Actually–what do these endlessly argued-about pop music rivalries say about us?

Music opinions bring out passionate debate in people, and Steven Hyden knows that firsthand. Each chapter in Your Favorite Band is Killing Me focuses on a pop music rivalry, from the classic to the very recent, and draws connections to the larger forces surrounding the pairing.

I haven’t read it yet, but I’ve heard really good things and have always enjoyed Steven’s writing.

2. FTank

Prestigious Prestigious

This sounds very interesting

3. chhholly123

i’ve been meaning to tell you

I feel like I've been waiting to read this forever. He was one of my favorite Grantland writers for sure. Just read a GQ article about the book and it sounds like he's got a lot of interesting stuff in there!

4. Craig Manning

@FurtherFromSky Moderator

My copy showed up yesterday. Excited to give it a read this weekend or next.

5. Steve_JustAGuy

Trusted

He's got the Celebration Rock podcast too. I can't find it in me to really listen to that anymore, but if you enjoy his writing it may work for you.

6. travisred

Trusted Supporter

Currently a few chapters in and it's pretty enjoyable so far.

7. Derek Wright

Regular Prestigious

Just downloaded this on Audible. Stoked to dive in.

8. Kiana

Goddamn, man child Prestigious

This sounds like the most amazing thing I've ever heard of in my life and I need to read it

FTank and Jason Tate like this.
  9. Butinsmallsteps

Regular

The Blessthefall and Escape the Fate rivalry better be in there!

10. FTank

Prestigious Prestigious

Right? I need to get my hands on this