Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

Tom DeLonge Says “Surprise” is Coming

Discussion in 'Article Discussion' started by Melody Bot, May 17, 2016.

1. Melody Bot

Your friendly little forum bot. Staff Member

This article has been imported from chorus.fm for discussion. All of the forum rules still apply.

Tom DeLonge has announced there will be some kind of “surprise” for the 10 year anniversary of Angel and AirwavesWe Don’t Need to Whisper. Is it still a surprise if you tell people it’s coming?

2. jorbjorb

7 rings

I'm so ready.

3. fran.182

Regular Prestigious

Probably another demos album...

4. FTank

Prestigious Prestigious

He's so excited for what's coming that he's currently shitting his pants, and your pants as well.

bruh, Daniel182 and ChaseTx like this.
  5. therookielot

Punk, Absolute Prestigious

He's finally committing himself?

Dirty Sanchez and ianebaldwin like this.
  6. If its a 10 year tour of We Don’t Need to Whisper then I'm excited. I've always wanted to see that album live.

bruh likes this.
  7. Fox83

Trusted

I mean, it's still a surprise if the news itself hasn't been revealed yet, so yea.

Raku likes this.
  8. skurt

Sleekest of beaks. So Good.

I can't get over the feeling that isn't going to be anything big, but just a cheap cash grab.

Raku and SaveTheEarth like this.
  9. Phil507

Resident NYC snob Supporter

I dug that first Angels & Airwaves record. It began to wear EXTREMELY thin by the time they released their double album and I don't think I even listed to what ever came after but I found it more enjoyable than +44 at the time which I felt was a bit too conservative.

Raku and FTank like this.
  10. MightyBrian

This is where I am suppose to write something cool Prestigious

I went to their 2nd show ever at the Ventura theater (it was their first one announced, before the Glasshouse show), it was really good hearing the songs live (before the cd came out) and tom sang well live too (he even had a cold....i guess that made it better haha)

ianebaldwin likes this.
  11. CMilliken

Trusted

Calling this now. It'll be a To The Stars member exclusive vinyl pressing.

bradsonemanband likes this.
  12. dannn666

*fart noise*

13. honkytonk

Narcissism on narcotics

My favourite AVA album. Would really enjoy a 10 year show for this album, but I feel like it's more likely to be some kind of vinyl release or something along those lines.

14. parkerxcore

Somebody's gonna miss us Supporter

I just don't care, Tom. You are the past, and I'm looking to the future, & that future is Blink-182.

15. Colin Your Enthusiasm

It's nobody's battle but your own. Prestigious

oh hi Tom byeeeeeee

16. skurt

Sleekest of beaks. So Good.

Maybe it will be a re-imagining of the album featuring 50% more soundscapes.

FakeGyllenhaal likes this.
  17. FTank

Prestigious Prestigious

Or 50% more rockets.

18. Chcurry182

Trusted Supporter

I'm really glad that you can view the news posts without viewing the comments on Chorus because the comments are getting progressively more annoying with each Delonge related thread.

Raku and js977 like this.
  19. klaszlogt

I might be interested in a 10 year WDNTW tour, and that honestly the only way I'd consider buying an AVA ticket

20. Nick Martin

There are no answers. Only choices.

If they end up touring, I wonder if David Kennedy will return or not. I know he's been focusing more on a coffee-related business for the past few years.

21. HelloThisIsDog

Trusted

It's going to change the world!!!!

22. Dirty Sanchez

Prestigious Prestigious

Who would be bassist and drummer?

23. kidinthebushes

Trusted

A 10 year your for this album would be about the only reason I would see AvA.

24. btr

Trusted Supporter

Hoping for a 10-year tour but I'm assuming it's going to be an acoustic version of the album

25. GEM37

She haunts the roads

Tom DeLonge gets more annoying with each Tom DeLonge-related post.

Sorry, couldn't resist!

Osceola13 and Dirty Sanchez like this.