Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

Fans Report in: New Kevin Devine Coming This Fall

Discussion in 'Article Discussion' started by Melody Bot, May 16, 2016.

1. Melody Bot

Your friendly little forum bot. Staff Member

2. contra11mundum

I hate spoilers. Supporter

Best year in music

3. klaszlogt

Didn't he say something recently about Brand New releasing an album before his so that they don't conflict?

4. pocketwriter

Came here to look for that as well. This might bode well for a new release from Brand New.

fenway89 likes this.
  5. bristphili

so that would make the Brand New album...soonish? yes please

fenway89 likes this.
  6. Connor

we're all a bunch of weirdos on a quest to belong Prestigious

While this does bode well for Brand New soonish... I'm so stoked for the new Kevin Devine, he makes a strong case for my favorite artist

7. Colin Your Enthusiasm

It's nobody's battle but your own. Prestigious

Wish I was more excited about this than I am.

8. Connor

we're all a bunch of weirdos on a quest to belong Prestigious

Why aren't you?

9. Colin Your Enthusiasm

It's nobody's battle but your own. Prestigious

Don't know i'm a fan but there is so much other stuff coming that I'm more excited about I guess.

10. klaszlogt

Well looks like
    we were right!

11. Benjamin Lee

Trusted

Of course the thread is more Brand New than KD. haha I think Kevin Devine is a lot better than Brand New, and I'm really excited for this. Wish it came out sooner since it's been done for awhile already.

12. hermanthehermit

Paris, Texas Climate Accord Supporter

He played a couple of songs from the new album at the Seattle show. They were both stellar, but lyrically the second one knocked me on my ass.

13. Benjamin Lee

Trusted

I want to hear this so bad.

14. hermanthehermit

I wish I could remember what he called it. It was super political, though (obviously, since it's Kevin). It was about how he was raised in a family of cops, but that the systematic oppression was bigger than those he loved.

Edit: Rather, a verse and chorus was focused on that. The song as a whole focused a lot on systematic oppression and white privilege in general.

Benjamin Lee likes this.
  15. Benjamin Lee

Trusted

This makes me even more excited for this record. I feel like it'll be musically closest to Between The Concrete and Clouds based on the clips he posted on Instagram, but I'll love whatever it is I'm sure.

16. hermanthehermit

Musically, that's kind of the sense I got from him playing the tracks live. It was just a solo acoustic show, though, so it's entirely possible that the recordings are a lot different.

17. Benjamin Lee

Trusted

I don't actually know how people feel about Between the Concrete & Clouds, but it's only below Bubblegum/Bulldozer for me so I would be happy with another one like it.