Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

iTunes Gets an Update

Discussion in 'Article Discussion' started by Melody Bot, May 16, 2016.

1. Melody Bot

Your friendly little forum bot. Staff Member

This article has been imported from chorus.fm for discussion. All of the forum rules still apply.

iTunes received an update today. They’ve refreshed the look a little bit and fixed some bugs. Overall it looks pretty good, but I’m already annoyed I can only view my “recently added” screen in the “album format.” I liked the list view.

OS X 10.11.5 is likely to be the last major point update to El Capitan. All versions of OS X since Apple switched to a yearly release model have gotten five major point updates followed by a couple years of security-only updates. Work on major new features and improvements at this point has presumably shifted to the next version of OS X, which Apple will demo publicly at WWDC next month

2. pbueddi

Trusted

you had to taunt me with that GC album...:verysad:

Jason Tate likes this.
  3. CMilliken

Trusted

I prefer my recently added view as the album format. I always wished the recently added section would be bigger. Happy with this part of the update. They really need to do a complete redesign of it.

4. clucky

Trusted Supporter

Can you make a smart playlist with date added within the last two weeks?

5. alkalinexandy

Trusted Supporter

Weirdly, I'm only able to see my Recently Added playlist in song/list view...

6. Yeah, I have one for that.

7. Beholdtheriver

Regular

In the list view I add a column for "date added" and sort by that

8. FTank

Prestigious Prestigious

I never really understood the difference between the "My Music" and "Playlists" tabs, so I guess I'm glad it's merged into one now. I always used the Playlists tab, for what it's worth.

I also haven't updated but I might check it out soon.

9. Eric Wilson

Trusted Prestigious

Haven't updated my Mac yet, but the Windows update definitely seems to run smoother.