Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

Safeguard for iTunes Coming Next Week

Discussion in 'Article Discussion' started by Melody Bot, May 13, 2016.

1. Melody Bot

Your friendly little forum bot. Staff Member

This article has been imported from chorus.fm for discussion. All of the forum rules still apply.

Apple has released a statement about that “iTunes deleting your music” bug:

In an extremely small number of cases users have reported that music files saved on their computer were removed without their permission. We’re taking these reports seriously as we know how important music is to our customers and our teams are focused on identifying the cause. We have not been able to reproduce this issue, however, we’re releasing an update to iTunes early next week which includes additional safeguards. If a user experiences this issue they should contact AppleCare.

I’m not sure how they safeguard against a bug they can’t reproduce. Weird. Think they know about the bug that keeps showing me “intro to New Found Glory” in the “for you” section?

2. amorningofsleep

No-rope barbed wire Jones

I'm so glad I stopped working for them a month ago.

teebs41 likes this.
  3. Craig Ismaili

@tgscraig Prestigious

Or the one with the metadata for live versions, acoustic versions, EP versions, demo versions and album versions (and in one case Athens Drugs or Me Remix) all get lumped into one song and they play the wrong song when you're listening to an album.

4. I don't know if it's in the same context but I get the "Intro to...." even if I have every single album already haha. Wish there was an option to dismiss the recommendation or something.

5. Maybevictor

@maybevictor Prestigious

I've handled four of these cases myself at the Genius Bar and three of them turned out to be user error and the fourth we couldn't replicate the issue or discover the problem. I think this is more an issue of a questionable UI that is easy to misinterpret. I personally have ~1000 songs from my own collection merged into my iCloud music library and while sometimes I have to delete tracks and re add them to my music library if I upload them and match messes up the metadata I've never had a track go missing without deleting it myself.

Jason Tate likes this.
  6. RoKKeR

The Fly

Yeah, unless this is fixed I won't be returning to Apple Music. The amount of live versions/alternate versions/single versions of songs that I've lost because the song titles were "matched" to the album-versions on the iTunes store is just embarrassing. I'll stick to Google Play Music in the meantime, where I can actual edit album metadata, split out albums into singles and add b-sides, etc.

Sucks because the curation that Apple Music has is leagues ahead of Google Play. Can't have it all in this new streaming world I guess.

7. Brenden

Trusted Prestigious

@Jason Tate That NFG snapchat this week was hilarious. I thought the same thing when I had the trial of Apple Music. It was half of the reason I didn't like it.

8. Hahaha. It's like every time too!

9. FTank

Prestigious Prestigious

But what about the bug that put a U2 album in my library without permission? Huh?!

really hope it's obvious this is sarcasm

Jason Tate likes this.