Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

A Chorus.fm Forum Tribute to Weezer

Discussion in 'Article Discussion' started by Melody Bot, May 14, 2016.

1. Melody Bot

Your friendly little forum bot. Staff Member

This article has been imported from chorus.fm for discussion. All of the forum rules still apply.

One of my favorite things about the forums is watching talented and motivated people come together to make awesome things. Today I’m excited to feature the latest in the “member compilation” series that has been taking shape in our music forum — a tribute to Weezer. Below you’ll find a stream of the 11-track cover album dedicated to Weezer.

Make sure to check out the forum thread for more information about these tribute compilations and how you can get involved.

2. CMilliken

Trusted

Great work everyone! Really liked the covers of Put Me Back Together and The Good Life. Happy to see this was more than just people doing Blue and Pinkerton covers.

3. lava890

Regular Supporter

I'm looking forward to checking this out later.

bradsonemanband likes this.
  4. Hey, thanks! I'm glad you like my cover! I literally learned the song and recorded it all within 2 hours on the day it was due... haha.

CMilliken likes this.
  5. elemenohpe

Irregular Prestigious

Thanks to everyone who gives this a listen. We all poured a lot of effort into this and I think it really shows.

Also, I must say that I'm super proud of the Weezer diversity on this comp. When it was announced I went with a non-Blue/Pinkerton song because I figured so many people would stick to those classics. Amazed to see that out of 11 songs (14 if you count The Futurescope Trilogy as 3 songs) only 3 were from those records.

bradsonemanband, snaps and Jason Tate like this.
  6. joey-wan kenobi

Happiness is a warm gun mama

This new site encourages me to miss these even more than before. Would have loved to track a cover for this! I suppose I need recording headphones before recording anyhow..

7. "follow" the main compilations thread we've got going on (it's linked in the news post) and try to join in on our next one or something!

our next compilation will be a "mixtape" of various cover songs that remind us of summer.

8. joey-wan kenobi

Can we just do one called "mixtape" , that is only covers of "mixtape" ? Haha

9. haha i already covered "mixtape" so i'm done! woooo!

10. CMilliken

Trusted

I really think their newest albums are really under appreciated. As someone who enjoys all sides of Weezer, I liked that someone picked a song from a generally "hated" Weezer album. Plus it was a really interesting take on the song. Well done.

11. Thank you very much!

I agree that Weezer's last few albums have some real gems on them. Some duds too though, but I'd say the vast majority of their albums (if not all of them) have a couple duds here and there. Same with just about any band, but yeah. A lot of people write off Weezer's latest stuff just because they know they aren't writing Blue and Pinkerton stuff again.

What's your favorite newer Weezer album(s)?

I really enjoyed Everything Will Be Alright In The End

CMilliken and elemenohpe like this.
  12. CMilliken

Trusted

Completely agree. Most albums have a couple duds on them. I've really been enjoying the White album recently. EWBAITE is great too. Really don't mind all their albums. Red is still a little hard for me to sit down and listen to but that's the only one I have issues with. Again, It has some great songs on it but quite a few duds to me.

13. elemenohpe

Irregular Prestigious

I thought green and Maladroit were solid. After that it was more misses than hits for me up until Everything Will Be Alright In The End... Love that record and white. I think it's their best stuff since Pinkerton.

14. CMilliken

Trusted

The Green album is actually the album that got me into Weezer. I think I enjoy their latest albums more than most people.

15. joey-wan kenobi

soooo you're saying theres a chance...

elemenohpe likes this.