Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

Switchfoot to Release New Album in July

Discussion in 'Article Discussion' started by Melody Bot, May 13, 2016.

1. Melody Bot

Your friendly little forum bot. Staff Member

2. m9tt

heaven knows what i am

I got chills watching that trailer. This could be a special album.

Brent likes this.
  3. Gooddayz

always and forever

New song is sooo good. I don't follow Switchfoot much it's definitely a new sound. Love the groove

4. bodkins

Trusted

So excited for this one. Since Hello Hurricane, I've thought each album would be their last, but each release ends up being fantastic and they keep going. Not complaining.

Brent and CMilliken like this.
  5. bodkins

Trusted

Just listened to the single and its incredible. Band continues to grow musically, blown away.

6. skoopy

Regular

Float is impressive, the other song is not so much. Nothing Is Sound and Oh! Gravity are two very solid albums but everything since then hasn't resonated with me as much. I'm hopeful for this album based on what Jon is talking about and the overall feel of Float.

7. Brent

Trusted Prestigious

What I came in to say. So excited for this.

8. contra11mundum

I hate spoilers. Supporter

Float is awesome.

The other one is about as cliche of a feel good Switchfoot song as anyone could muster up.

9. brothemighty

Trusted

I do like Float. But I'm surprised this band is still going, I thought Fading West was their last

10. Beholdtheriver

Regular

Float is very innovative. Really enjoy that song. Live it Well, on the other hand, is completely opposite: boring musically and lyrically and, IMO, beneath a song writer like Foreman.

contra11mundum likes this.
  11. Horrorca

Trusted

I hadn't thought of this band for a minute...

for some strange reason the new song made me think a little bit of Spoon (which is always good, obvi)

hmm...

looks like they have a large dischography too... I will investigate, I only know Letdown...