Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

Bayside – “Enemy Lines”

Discussion in 'Article Discussion' started by Melody Bot, May 12, 2016.

1. Melody Bot

Your friendly little forum bot. Staff Member

2. TDenverFan

Regular

Solid song, love the pre chorus. Pretty typical Bayside, but it does branch out a bit more than some of their other stuff

3. Brandon Allin

Finest Quality Crappy Punk Rock Since '92 Prestigious

I like it a lot. This band never fails me.

4. mattylikesfilms

Trusted

Oh I like this..

5. Damien Davies

Idk Maybe Supporter

Wow really good

6. FTank

Prestigious Prestigious

It sounds like a Bayside song. That's all I can really say about it. It's there.

Really enjoy the artwork for this album, though.

Jose and Jason Tate like this.
  7. danskoldberg

Yeah, I agree with everyone saying that this is a Bayside song... And I don't really revisit this band often, but god damn 2:15 was pretty darn unique.

8. Anthony was on the Lead Singer Syndrome Podcast this week (not a great show, but easy to listen to while working) and talked a ton about the new album. Worth a listen for any Bayside fan.

Last record didn't have a ton of lasting value for me, but as a very big fan I can't help but still be really optimistic about this one holding up for longer.

9. contra11mundum

I hate spoilers. Supporter

Always on board for new Bayside.

10. youll be fine

Trusted Supporter

I really enjoy the concept of that show but Shane is just not really a good host, it's hard to listen to. I'll have to check out the Anthony episode!

trevorshmevor likes this.
  11. that's a bayside song for sure

Brent, Dan O'Neill and popdisaster00 like this.
  12. ncarrab

Prestigious Supporter

I was stunned at how personal Anthony got on that podcast. Definitely wasn't expecting that.

13. rdk154

Newbie Supporter

Sounds great. Really hoping we get a Covers Vol. 2 in the future.

kyleadams and Dan O'Neill like this.
  14. bmir14

Trusted Supporter

Sounds ok... better than the last album. This band, sadly, just doesn't do much for me anymore.

FTank likes this.
  15. Colby Searcy

Is admired for his impeccable (food) tastes Prestigious

Any reason you don't like it?

I personally love the way he goes about interviewing his guests, just seems so casual and comfortable. What don't you like about him?

Same it was very surprising but awesome to listen to! Had no idea he'd gone through another divorce.

16. Behind the Barricade

https://www.behindthecade.com

I enjoy the show but he does get awkward at times. The one thing that really annoys me is he records these calls and the connection is just terrible. I emailed him about it and he said it's 100% the other person since he has great internet in Toronto. I couldn't listen to the Jason Butler episode because of that reason. When I do this podcast, I rarely have an issue with Skype.

17. jorbjorb

7 rings

killer tune man

18. ncarrab

Prestigious Supporter

I've only listened to two. This one and the Adam Lazzara one. Didn't notice any sound quality issues at all with either.

19. Behind the Barricade

https://www.behindthecade.com

Those two were good in terms of sound quality. The Scott Russo one kept cutting in and out. Same with the guy from Real Friends. I want to say one of the Underoath ones did that too but I can't remember off the top of my head.

20. ncarrab

Prestigious Supporter

Cult was a grower for me and the second half of the album is really great. Stuttering, The Whitest Lie, Bear with Me, Pigsty and Objectivist on Fire is some of their best work, imo.

Something's Wrong may be my least favorite Bayside song ever and I cringe at a song-titled "Big Cheese."

Bayside is Bayside, they'll never change, which is OK. They do what they know how to do and they do it consistently great. I have no problems with them never changing their style or approach.

Jake Z, slickdtc and Colby Searcy like this.
  21. JRGComedy

Trusted Supporter

Finally someone that agrees with me about Something's Wrong

22. Not sure if you're talking about Cult or the podcast. I don't dislike Cult -- I actually think it might be the most well rounded Bayside album. Can't put my finger on why I put it down so quickly and never picked back up though haha.

As for the podcast, Shane is an awful host. I feel he has the podcast as an excuse to talk about himself. He always comes off as that guy that while you're talking to him, he's not listening -- rather he's patiently waiting for you to be done talking so he can tell his own story. He just comes off as extremely self inflated. There's a difference between carrying to the conversation and taking it over. The "hate line" gimmick is also really dumb and is a great example of that. I wish I could think of more specific examples, but anyway, that's the main reason the podcast kinda fails for me.

23. uberlou

It's classic Bayside but that's not a bad thing. They're a consistent band, i'll give them that. The bridge is very unique though and love Anthony's vocals on this!

I'll have to check him out on the LSS pod. I catch episodes now and then but agree with everyone's qualms about Shane Told.
    Somehow almost every story or experience from the guest needs to have a companion Silverstein story. Also the end of the interview is always signaled by "I don't want to waste any more of your time man..." every.damn.time. (or it feels like it at least)

But overall I enjoy the show. He's learning and it'll get better. So if Shane's lurking the forums, you still do it better than I could!

ianebaldwin and trevorshmevor like this.
  24. J12

Trusted Supporter

The song didn't blow me away, but I like it quite a bit, just like most of Bayside's stuff. Excited about the new record.

I really enjoyed Anthony on Lead Singer Syndrome, and definitely hope that he comes back once the record drops.

25. kyleadams

formerly thisisalchemy Prestigious

Music: 10
    Melodies: 3

I'll still listen to the crap out of it though.

Brent likes this.