Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

Azealia Banks’s Twitter Account Gets Suspended

Discussion in 'Article Discussion' started by Melody Bot, May 12, 2016.

1. Melody Bot

Your friendly little forum bot. Staff Member

This article has been imported from chorus.fm for discussion. All of the forum rules still apply.

XXL is reporting that Azealia Banks’s Twitter account has been suspended.

XXL reached out to a Twitter rep, who told us they don’t comment on individual accounts for security and privacy reasons. They did, however, direct us towards a very specific part of their guidelines:
    “We may suspend an account if it has been reported to us as violating our Rules surrounding abuse. When an account engages in abusive behavior, like sending threats to others or impersonating other accounts, we may suspend it temporarily or, in some cases, permanently.”

The post Azealia Banks’s Twitter Account Gets Suspended appeared first on chorus.fm.

2. Jacob Davidson

Regular

She's been pretty insufferable as of late, but she's not the only one who shouldn't have access to Twitter.

3. Bane

The spiciest meme

Yaaaaaaasssssss love it

4. SchlongConnery

Newbie Prestigious

How has this person even made such a noticeable, negative impact when they have literally done nothing noteworthy?

Dan O'Neill likes this.
  5. Jonathan

¯\_(ツ)_/¯ Verified

It's maybe possible she's sending DMs or mentions that are threatening/inappropriate? There's a lot we don't see, obviously.

6. TheWater(s)

Kiss The Sky Prestigious

Releasing a critically acclaimed album is "nothing noteworthy"?

Schooner likes this.
  7. DandonTRJ

~~~ヾ(^∇^ Supporter

Most of the coverage is attributing it to racist tweets she aimed at Zayn Malik.

Jonathan likes this.
  8. Jonathan

¯\_(ツ)_/¯ Verified

Makes sense, admittedly I haven't been following her. Some of the stuff she says makes my eyes roll out of my head. It's a shame, too… she really is a musical talent. Oh well.

9. aranea

Trusted Prestigious

she publicly tweeted to/about him using racist and homophobic slurs

Jason Tate likes this.
  10. Schooner

Trusted

As vulgar and offensive as some of the things she sends and she took it way too far this week. I can't help but admit I do find her highly entertaining

11. Stephen Young

Regular Prestigious

hopefully this ban is permanent

12. shogunTORTOISE

Regular

Who?

13. Malatesta

i may get better but we won't ever get well Prestigious

what awful things to say, why would a queer woman of color be racist and homophobic sigh

14. AelNire

@RiotGrlErin Supporter

15. Schooner

Trusted

The dark side of the gay dating world.

A little bit relevant. But read an instead eating article just yesterday on homophobia and racism amongst the gay dating scene stemming back to high school bullying at times

16. Rob Hughes

Play the Yakuza series

Jesus, this was painful. Not only was she racist and homophobic, she then went on to argue with a FOURTEEN year old and insult her mother. Thank God she's been suspended, 100% toxic.

17. Jake W

oh my god, I'm back on my bullshit Prestigious

It really baffles me how a bi person could be homophobic...

18. PandaBear!

Trusted Prestigious

Am I the only one that is confused when she goes off on people who've "stolen" her ideas? The examples she gives are just ridiculous, basic things that 100's of artists have done before. Zayn was right, she's reaching more often than not

19. AelNire

@RiotGrlErin Supporter

I think this was the 1st thing she started in on him for.

image.png

20. rst May 13, 2016
    (Last edited: May 13, 2016)
    rst

Regular

she constantly takes part in what she claims to be railing against and seems to use racism as validation for her inexcusable behavior. she calls a muslim/pakistani guy a "sand ******" before calling a 14 year old girl "a little black bitch." this reminded me when she called a guy a "dirty black church ***." shes actually made many good points over the years but then goes on to say dumb shit like this and everything else gets lost. it seems to me like there are some deep mental issues shes dealing with that i hope she can get help for

edit: why are words edited out on here? i know it makes people very uncomfortable, but i think thats good because those words should make you very uncomfortable and i think they should be talked about without censorship. when news stories first came out about what Banks said i couldnt find out what she actually tweeted because so many said something like, "what she said was too vulgar to print here."

21. PandaBear!

Trusted Prestigious