Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

My Father, Woody Allen, and the Danger of Questions Unasked

Discussion in 'Article Discussion' started by Melody Bot, May 12, 2016.

1. Melody Bot

Your friendly little forum bot. Staff Member

This article has been imported from chorus.fm for discussion. All of the forum rules still apply.

Ronan Farrow, writing for The Hollywood Reporter, about his father, Woody Allen:

But the old-school media’s slow evolution has helped to create a culture of impunity and silence. Amazon paid millions to work with Woody Allen, bankrolling a new series and film. Actors, including some I admire greatly, continue to line up to star in his movies. “It’s not personal,” one once told me. But it hurts my sister every time one of her heroes like Louis C.K., or a star her age, like Miley Cyrus, works with Woody Allen. Personal is exactly what it is — for my sister, and for women everywhere with allegations of sexual assault that have never been vindicated by a conviction.

The post My Father, Woody Allen, and the Danger of Questions Unasked appeared first on chorus.fm.

2. OhTheWater

Let it run Supporter

I made a thread in Entertainment about it that isn't really picking up steam. It's interesting to question why he isn't called out more, why so many people dismiss the allegations and why so many movie stars still choose to work with him. It's unbelievable

3. It's interesting he mentions Louis C.K. I've read sketchy stories about him last year, and I can't watch his show since then.

Jacob Davidson likes this.
  4. Eric

Regular

What? Is there anything you can link me to? I'm not a huge fan but I'm curious about this

AelNire likes this.
  5. Eric and AelNire like this.
  6. kylethrash

Important article on a lot of levels.

AelNire likes this.
  7. PandaBear!

Trusted Prestigious

I detest Woody Allen - arrogant, awful human being. Oh & now I've learned Louis CK sucks too.

AelNire likes this.