Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

Original Misfits Lineup Reuniting for Riotfest

Discussion in 'Article Discussion' started by Melody Bot, May 12, 2016.

1. Melody Bot

Your friendly little forum bot. Staff Member

This article has been imported from chorus.fm for discussion. All of the forum rules still apply.

The original Misfits lineup will be headlining Riot Fest this year. Glenn Danzig, Jerry Only, and Doyle Wolfgang von Frankenstein 
are set to share the stage for the first time since 1983. The full press release can be found below.

And they said it would never happen. Never!!

However, this September, Original Singer/Songwriter Glenn Danzig, Original Bassist Jerry Only and long-time Guitarist Doyle Wolfgang von Frankenstein – for the “First Time in Over 30-Years” – will be stepping onto stage together as “The Original MISFITS” to headline Riot Fest & Rodeo in Denver, CO (September 2-4, 2016) and Riot Fest & Carnival in Chicago, IL (September 16-18, 2016).

From the time of their first gig in 1977, the MISFITS and their iconic imagery went on to become one of the most crucially influential, genre-defying bands to ever emerge from North America, the MISFITS significance extends well beyond the narrowed path of punk rock & hardcore. Although not cognizant of how significant they would become, what the MISFITS achieved in their initial six-year window deconstructed and redefined rock music.

All the while, the MISFITS with Danzig’s unmistakable voice, Only’s ferocious bass sound and the bands anthemic songs, melody-induced choruses and authentically bruising musicianship, cemented their importance with all ensuing generations, whether in arena-filled metal shows or in a sweaty 400-cap club in Tucson. And for the ‘First Time in over Three Decades,’ legions of diehard fans from around the world will have the opportunity to hear the Original Band that created thousands of bands in their wake.

Full line-up announcements for Riot Fest 2016 will be happening shortly.

Riot Fest Three-Day Passes are now on sale and available on www.riotfest.org or www.ticketfly.com.

The post Original Misfits Lineup Reuniting for Riotfest appeared first on chorus.fm.

2. bones

#HEEL

Holy shit

3. Behind the Barricade

https://www.behindthecade.com

That's huge! I honestly thought them and The Smiths would never reunite. 1 down....

beachdude42 likes this.
  4. beachdude

I'm not brave Prestigious

Well damn, can't say I ever thought I'd see this...

5. Montauk1222

Trusted Prestigious

Why the hell couldnt they have done this for This Is Hardcore this past summer!!!!

6. cricketandclover

Things have changed.

Cash rules everything around me.

NationalPhenomenon, Eric and kyle like this.
  7. Orla

little old lady Prestigious

Huh, never thought this would happen. Wonder how it'll pan out on stage.

8. I can't believe this

9. thetruthisvile

I sing in Sarah and the Safe Word.

Wow.

10. devenstonow

Noobie

Thi$ i$ intere$ting

Essie likes this.
  11. Daniel182

Let's hold our breath until we disappear

This is the best news.

12. razorburn

Trusted

Holy fucking shit.

13. Jason Tolpin

Trusted

Wonder what the setlist would entail?

14. razorburn May 12, 2016
    (Last edited: May 12, 2016)
    razorburn

Trusted

Danzig and Jerry Only have both said they've been offered millions a number of times before, but have always declined.

Personally, I believe they've finally patched things up. Especially since Doyle (Jerry Only's brother) joined Danzig on tour to play Misfits songs.

Not just that, but a reunion almost happened a few years ago, however it fell through last minute.

I hope it lasts because they are a total bucket list band for me. I saw Danzig and Doyle play a Misfits set a few years ago, and it was one of the best shows I've ever been to. The show ended with the crowd chanting "We are 138!" at a deafening volume.

beachdude42 likes this.
  15. Dcampbell666

Fuck you Aurora, you took my only friend.

I've got something to say. I want your money today, and it doesn't matter much to me, the integrity.

16. Daniel182

Let's hold our breath until we disappear

Danzig and Doyle have been playing Misfits sets together since 2004. I'm glad they finally worked things out with Jerry.

17. razorburn May 12, 2016
    (Last edited: May 12, 2016)
    razorburn

Trusted

Forgive me for my flawed perception of "recently." :-/

What I meant to say was: Danzig and Doyle's increased touring and playing of Misfits songs, must've contributed in some way.

Daniel182 likes this.
  18. smoke4thecaper

out of context reference Supporter

Wow I never expected Glenn to ever want to be a part of this. Unreal.

19. Jason Tolpin

Trusted

Rowr!

It was that or 'Skulls'.

20. PandaBear!

Trusted Prestigious

Legendary band - great news!!!

21. subplotofcrows

A Grand Scene For A Color Film Prestigious

Unbelievable. WE BUILT MONEY CITY

Wonder if this could possibly mean an actual original Misfits tour. Current Misfits have been playing some Z-grade venues for awhile now.

22. Michael Schmidt

Don't recreate the scene, or reinvent the meanings Supporter

So sick!

23. kidinthebushes

Trusted

I know this is huge but I could care less.

24. redwing91007

Next Show - Foals April 22nd

Really hoping they extend this beyond just Riot Fest. Misfits are set to play Amnesia Rockfest and this lineup would be a HUGE draw for me.

25. Tata Toothy

Regular

Okay. Thanks for sharing..

I can't wait to hear skulls played live! I really hope this goes well and we get a full misfits tour before these guys hang it up.