Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

Budweiser Renaming Beer “America”

Discussion in 'Article Discussion' started by Melody Bot, May 10, 2016.

1. Melody Bot

Your friendly little forum bot. Staff Member

This article has been imported from chorus.fm for discussion. All of the forum rules still apply.

Budweiser are renaming their “beer” America for the summer.

The campaign is Budweiser’s plea for attention — and it’s working. (You’re reading this article, after all.) But the fact that it’s needed at all shows how much American beer-drinking habits have altered in the past few decades. Tastes have changed several times, and each change has pushed Budweiser further down on America’s list.

This feels straight out of a Futurama plot.

The post Budweiser Renaming Beer “America” appeared first on chorus.fm.

2. Malatesta

i may get better but we won't ever get well Prestigious

American delusions of exceptionalism are out of control

Nick likes this.
  3. kpatrickwood

Give what you can.

They can call it Salted Caramel Heaven Juice for all I care. It's still bubbly piss.

4. billyboatman

Hopelessly Hopeful

Beer snob right here. I only drink craft or if that's not available it's either Corona or Coors.. I'll never buy this especially if only the name is changing. Budw has always been one of the worst domestic beers, right up there with Budlight. Or is it down there?

Mr. Serotonin likes this.
  5. youll be fine

Trusted Supporter

I'm the furthest thing from a beer snob but this is cheesy as hell

coleslawed likes this.
  6. bradpetrik

Trusted Prestigious

Budweiser has never been my preferred domestic but do they really think this will sell?

7. Jake W

oh my god, I'm back on my bullshit Prestigious

Well Budweiser is the worst American beer I've ever tasted so this is a horrible idea.

8. amorningofsleep

No-rope barbed wire Jones

I'll stick to my good ol' Canadian Labatts.

9. ncarrab

Prestigious Supporter

I'm no longer a domestic drinker myself, unless I'm at a concert or a sporting event but if I'm at a bar or at my house, I'm going craft beers. Regardless of what I'm drinking, it won't be 'America'. This is dumb.

10. kidinthebushes

Trusted

Didn't they recently get bought out by a Belgian company?

coleslawed likes this.
  11. Ryan

Might be Spider-Man...

Not a beer snob but, cmon man

12. CheapPop

Regular

Hilarious part is that Budweiser is owned by a Belgian company.

aoftbsten and Jason Tate like this.
  13. hoodrat

Regular

What's with the snarky quotation marks around "beer?" Budweiser is a beverage made with malted barley, hops and fermented with yeast which is the definition of beer.

14. Jacob Davidson

Regular

Settles it. I'm going to be drinking America all summer

15. OhTheWater

Let it run Supporter

This is wonderful and will be an ongoing joke all summer. I prefer America Light to all other domestics

16. Craig Manning

@FurtherFromSky Moderator

Just a small step above Natty Ice.

17. aoftbsten

Trusted Supporter

Living in Colorado, I'm usually gonna spring for one of the many microbrews around me. But, if I'm being honest, when it comes to cheap beer I usually go Budweiser. It's really not as bad as it's made out to be. I do think it gives me worse hangovers though.

18. Strikegently

close cover, strike gently

It's an interesting idea. They're doing to celebrate the election, calling it the "America is in your Hands" campaign.

19. If you live in Colorado and aren't grabbing a Coors, how do you survive?

20. shanew

I like it!

21. aoftbsten

Trusted Supporter

I suppose my choice is usually Budweiser over Coors, but always Coors Light over Bud Light. Although, I'm always surprised when people didn't kill Peyton Manning when he did this:

22. Colorado's love for Coors is only surpassed by their love for the Broncos. Haha.

aoftbsten likes this.
  23. ARo24

Regular

Way too many great craft beers in Michigan to drink this crud no matter what they call it. Labatt is also better.

bmoney389 likes this.
  24. Schooner

Trusted

Hopefully they're making America Great Again

25. Jake Z

Regular

Beer snob here as well except for sporting events or things like that, and this is corny as hell. Not to mention the fact that they are owned by a Belgian company like others mentioned. oh well, WAY too many craft beers in my fridge to even care haha.