Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

Riot Fest to Return to Denver and Chicago

Discussion in 'Article Discussion' started by Melody Bot, May 10, 2016.

1. Melody Bot

Your friendly little forum bot. Staff Member

This article has been imported from chorus.fm for discussion. All of the forum rules still apply.

Riot Fest have announced they will return to Denver (September 2-4) and Chicago (September 16-18) this year. But not Toronto.

With recent local changes in Riot Fest’s partnership in Toronto, the planning process and resources required in staging a fest in Ontario was no longer compatible because of the available timeline. While Riot Fest has fallen in love with Toronto and the province of Ontario because of all of the great music fans who have welcomed and supported us in these last few years, Riot Fest 2016 will only take place in Denver and Chicago. We have every hope that we’ll be back in Toronto in the near future, and, in the meantime, we’ll begin announcing the lineups for Denver (Sept. 2-4) and Chicago (Sept. 16-18) shortly.

The post Riot Fest to Return to Denver and Chicago appeared first on chorus.fm.

2. Steve_JustAGuy

Trusted

These guys can't win finding a venue. In any city.

3. mattfreaksmeout

Trusted Supporter

Hope this means the lineup will be out this week. I've got my fingers crossed for Friday.

4. Behind the Barricade

https://www.behindthecade.com

Mhm, do I go to Riot Fest Denver, then the possible GGG vs Canelo fight the week after in Vegas and then Rock Allegiance in Philly the week after? Sounds like a shit ton of traveling but totally worth it!

5. Steve_JustAGuy

Trusted

GGG and Canelo would be life changing.

6. Behind the Barricade

https://www.behindthecade.com

It's funny, I was there for Mayweather vs Berto and then Pacquiao vs Bradley a couple weeks ago. I honestly think GGG/Canelo will be the last great "super fight" boxing can offer. Other than the Mayweather vs McGregor fight of course ;)

7. Steve_JustAGuy

Trusted

GGG and Canelo are such bangers, someone will be going out on their shield (I'd personally favor GGG in that match up). Honestly, if those two put on a good show I could see it being the start of a pretty good rivalry.

8. kidinthebushes

Trusted

I had a feeling it wouldn't return to Toronto mainly because there was never a presale for Toronto!

9. Brandon Allin

Finest Quality Crappy Punk Rock Since '92 Prestigious

Sad to see it leave Toronto. Had a really good time the few times I went.

10. TDenverFan

Regular

Wonder why they don't try New York City or Boston or something to still hit the northeast.

11. SteveLikesMusic

approx. 3rd coolest Steve on here Supporter

Same. Bummer. It was nice to attend a festival that wasn't so insanely crowded as Lolla (which is my only other major festival experience).

Brandon Allin likes this.
  12. aoftbsten

Trusted Supporter

Glad it's still in Denver. Although I wish they would have found a different venue. The National Western was so damn dusty last year.

13. The line-up this year is A+.

14. Thursdaysox

We know it from the silence

I went to the Toronto one last year and had a blast. Too bad.