Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

Panic! at the Disco – “Don’t Threaten Me With A Good Time” Video

Discussion in 'Article Discussion' started by Melody Bot, May 10, 2016.

1. Melody Bot

Your friendly little forum bot. Staff Member

2. bmir14

Trusted Supporter

2nd worst song on the album imo

3. ncarrab

Prestigious Supporter

Whoa, I think it's one of the better ones. Didn't care for it at first but it's really grown on me over the past few months. I'd put it in the top 4 or 5 on the album.

Also, pretty cool video.

4. Jake W

oh my god, I'm back on my bullshit Prestigious

This is definitely one of the better songs on the album.

heymattrick likes this.
  5. SamLevi11

Trusted Prestigious

Like this song, and the video is very cool. This band have the best videos.

6. parkerxcore

Somebody's gonna miss us Supporter

lol I love this video such a great pregame song.

Carmensaopaulo likes this.
  7. GetUpAndrew

Constant horror and bone-deep dissatisfaction.

One of the best songs on the last album, and the video is really cool too.

8. Penguin

just let me cry a little bit longer Prestigious

Minus the lyrics, it's a great song.

9. skogsraet

Trusted Supporter

I second this sentiment. I don't think anyone thinks this song is a piece of lyrical mastery but it's definitely fun. Gonna have to watch this after work.

parkerxcore likes this.
  10. Bryan Diem

Trusted

I've actually heard someone praise the lyrics to this song/album. Specifically the "I'm not as think as you drunk I am" line. Pretty sad.

Mr. Serotonin and Carmensaopaulo like this.
  11. tdlyon

Most Dope Supporter

Panic consistently has great music videos. I can't think of any that I don't really like actually

12. heymattrick

Pool Boy at the Vampire Mansion

Hahahaha great video. Was worried about the direction it was headed and then took a delightful twist. Such a jam too, hope they continue to open with this song on the summer tour.

13. TheDarksighed

OG Veronica Sawyer

That was a great video.
    Hoping that Golden Days ends up getting more attention.
    By far the best track on the album.

Mr. Serotonin likes this.
  14. skogsraet

Trusted Supporter

I mostly agree with this but I also think Fish Tanks is the Most Fun We Can Have Without Blowing Our Budget was a pretty boring video.

15. tdlyon

Most Dope Supporter

Oh yeah I forgot about that one. The Hallelujah video wasn't that great either now that I think about it

16. Mr. Serotonin

I'm still staring down the sun Prestigious

In an interview, he talked about how one of his friends said that while they were drinking one time, and how he thought it was the funniest thing so he included it in the song. I thought that was funny, only because I've had multiple friends say that. Seems like a pretty common phrase, haha.

17. Mr. Serotonin

I'm still staring down the sun Prestigious

Totally agree, Golden Days is great.

Carmensaopaulo and TheDarksighed like this.
  18. heymattrick

Pool Boy at the Vampire Mansion

That was during their "we want the attention off our appearance" phase. Thus the band only makes a split second cameo in that video, and didn't appear at all in the Build God Then We'll Talk video either. I guess they were concerned about people making a big deal about their boyish good looks and fashion? It was a long time ago but I vaguely remember those tidbits

19. Bryan Diem

Trusted

That and LA Devotee, hell yeah

TheDarksighed likes this.
  20. skogsraet

Trusted Supporter

Yup they said that to Fuse in like 2006. I don't think they realized at the time that being 18 and introduced to Pete Wentz's fanbase in 2006 was going to generate a lot of attention to their looks regardless but I think they did a pretty good job of quashing that circa Pretty. Odd.

I really liked Golden Days but I feel like I'm the only one who thought LA Devotee sounded like a filler! I imagined Brendon deciding he'd written enough songs about Vegas, so why not LA?