Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

Lucky Boys Confusion’s ‘Throwing the Game’ Turns 15

Discussion in 'Article Discussion' started by Melody Bot, May 10, 2016.

1. Melody Bot

Your friendly little forum bot. Staff Member

This article has been imported from chorus.fm for discussion. All of the forum rules still apply.

Lucky Boys Confusion’s Throwing The Game turned fifteen this week.

Within months of TTG’s release, 9/11 changed the county forever (beginning our still-ongoing “infinite-war”- era), and in-terms of entertainment, Napster and P2P file-sharing services had essentially obliterated the version of the music industry we grew up with, and that major-labels were still trying to work within the confines of – single-handedly overturning the notion that people should pay any form of premium for recorded music. So, in many ways, the release of TTG feels to me more like an end of something, than a beginning. Weird, right?

The post Lucky Boys Confusion’s ‘Throwing the Game’ Turns 15 appeared first on chorus.fm.

JimmyIymmiJ likes this.
  2. kidinthebushes

Trusted

Glad to see this mentioned on here! Love these guys and love this album.

3. joey-wan kenobi

Happiness is a warm gun mama

This album was a game changer for me when it came out. Still love to toss it into rotation every so often.

4. irthesteve

formerly irthesteve Prestigious

Great write up, still love this album

5. 9th At Pine

Last one out of Liberty City burn it to the ground

I grew up in the western suburbs of Chicago while these guys were just starting. Saw them countless times at basement shows, coffee shops, churches, etc. Growing Out of It was just released and everyone could tell they had a lot of potential to get bigger. We had a really strong music scene at the time in the burbs with bands like the Dog and Everything, Swizzle Tree (Stubhys brothers band), Penny and the Loafers, Logans Loss... It was a really fun time and place to grow up and start getting into music and going to shows. It was exciting to see them blow up. Anyways, mad nostalgia.

6. kidinthebushes

Trusted

That's really cool. How old are you?

I am also from the western suburbs. I got into them in high school (maybe 2002 before Commitment came out?). I still see them all the time. Last time I checked I think I had seen them over 40 times.

7. 9th At Pine

Last one out of Liberty City burn it to the ground

Nice! I'm 29, soon to be 30. Got into them around 7th grade which was around '98. They used to play around Naperville all the time.

8. kidinthebushes

Trusted

I'm 30 but I got into them a little late. They actually played a show in 2004/2005 in Monmouth where I went to school. I think that was the first time I saw them. But I try to catch them whenever they play. Always a good time!

9. buckcheeks

Regular

Still listen to this album often. So good.

10. Derek Wright

Regular Prestigious

Such a classic! I'm too glad to see this mentioned.

11. JimmyIymmiJ

Music, a steady riot in my soul. Prestigious

These guys, and this album will always have a special place in my heart. My wife and I actually flew up to Chicago over New Years to see them and it was one of the most surreal weekends of my life. So awesome.