Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

Boys Like Girls 10-Year Tour

Discussion in 'Article Discussion' started by Melody Bot, May 9, 2016.

1. Melody Bot

Your friendly little forum bot. Staff Member

This article has been imported from chorus.fm for discussion. All of the forum rules still apply.

Boys Like Girls have announced a 10-year anniversary tour for their self-titled album. They’ll be playing the album in full.

8/05 – Boston, MA @ House of Blues
    8/06 – New York, NY @ Playstation Theater
    8/07 – Sayreville, NJ @ Starland Ballroom
    8/10 – Philadelphia, PA @ The Fillmore
    8/11 – Columbus, OH @ Newport Music Hall
    8/12 – Chicago, IL @ Vic Theatre

The post Boys Like Girls 10-Year Tour appeared first on chorus.fm.

2. How popular were these guys? It looks like they played some pretty big shows in that teaser.

3. ARo24

Regular

They were all over the radio for awhile. I don't know exact numbers but this album sold incredibly well.

4. Mister Lyrical

Forging Clarity Supporter

Great Escape was a hit. Thunder and Hero/Heroine both got decent radio play plus a shitload of MySpace plays. Then the next album had LoveDrunk which was a pretty decent success along with the duet with Taylor Swift which had a lot of radio play too. They fell off with thier third album which I think had to do with waiting too long and poor marketing but the nostalgia factor should get those shows at least close to selling out.

5. Mister Lyrical

Forging Clarity Supporter

Their debut went gold. Knowing the shitload of streams they had from MySpace back in the day, it could have been platinum by today's standards.

Also I unashamedly still enjoy the fuck out of these guys, Martin knows how to write a damn good pop song.

6. RileyWitiw

more like absolutepop.net Supporter

I'd love to see this.

7. bruinrk

Any word if they'd expand this to the west coast?

8. The headlining tour they did in support of this album ranged from 2500-5000 cap venues, I believe it was typically on the higher end of that spectrum.

9. Craig Manning

@FurtherFromSky Moderator

Someone said it again, but I'll reiterate: big enough to get Taylor Swift on their album.

10. thecobrakais

Regular

this is one of my favorite things they've done. shows some real skill and that they're more than what people probably painted them to be. i think, sadly, they are a victim of a time where the genre was flooded with bands that sounded a lot like them. hope their shows do well on this run.

allastud likes this.
  11. Eric Wilson

Trusted Prestigious

Was hoping for a date close by. Should be cool though!

12. FTank

Prestigious Prestigious

One of my favorite albums from this era of pop rock whatever

What happened to this band though? Are they still making music at all?

13. supernovagirl

Poetic and noble land mermaid

Such a small tour :(

14. JamesMichael

Software Engineer Prestigious

They released a country inspired album quite a few years back but nothings come about. At a guess if this goes well they'll be back in the studio.

15. SpyKi

You must fix your heart Supporter

Still love this album.

16. Peachfuzz

I'll be with you the whole way.

Who's playing bass?

17. The fillmore is huuuge. I'm curious to see how well this will be sold, but I'll be there. They should have cute is what we aim for open.

18. Bryan Diem

Trusted

Last three tracks on this record are terrific, and it is still listenable today. I have a roommate who would be all about this.

19. Penguin

just let me cry a little bit longer Prestigious

I would LOVE this.

20. Craig Manning

@FurtherFromSky Moderator

21. bertbro

I've gained a new-found appreciation for these guys considering that Martin has written some of my favorite pop songs over the last five years or so. Also, that teaser video is AMAZING. It's so well edited and got me SO HYPED.

22. iamfirebreather

The revolution was a lie.

Didn't they come out and say at one point they wanted to leave this sound behind and become a country rock band?

23. FTank

Prestigious Prestigious

They released an album in 2012 that was more country influenced

24. I saw them during this tour cycle. They were kind of douchey to their fans but they put on a great show.

25. Jared Luttrell

Regular

Wow, I have not seen this video in years. That is awesome and I too hope they do well on this run, I loved their debut album.

thecobrakais likes this.