Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

Yellowcard Finish Eighth Album

Discussion in 'Article Discussion' started by Melody Bot, May 8, 2016.

1. Melody Bot

Your friendly little forum bot. Staff Member

2. metallikunt

I'm in love with the ordinary

Fuck yes!!! One of my favorite bands! Stoked to hear what this will sound like.

Why does this not have more comments?

3. FTank

Prestigious Prestigious

Probably because it was just posted and it's midnight. Haha.

I'm excited too though. Lift a Sail was a good album, but it didn't stick with me like I hoped. That being said, I hope they continue pushing their sound and don't just revert to pop punk.

4. Viking Wizard Eyes

Wizard full of lies

This is great! Gave "Paper Walls" a spin earlier today, underrated record! so good.
    More Yellowcard is always welcome!

CMilliken likes this.
  5. metallikunt

It's only 10:15 here, these West Coasters should still be awake! :-)

Yeah LAS was a great album but I haven't really gone back to it much. I did like the majority of it though. Most of the stuff since their comeback has been some of their strongest music, in my opinion. Really love these guys!

6. FTank

Prestigious Prestigious

Yeah, they really do just have an incredibly solid discography. Southern Air is my favorite record of theirs but they also really can't do the summery pop punk + violin sound any better than they did on that album, which is why I want them to keep trying new sounds.

AelNire likes this.
  7. metallikunt

Yeah, Southern Air is my favorite too. That album was solid from beginning to end. I spun the shit out of that record and still do regularly! I don't mind when they try new sounds, I feel like they pull it off well for the most part. Excited to hear any old songs from the Big If sessions. The snippet we heard in the Hopeless Return video sounded amazing!

FTank likes this.
  8. sebastianrcgr

love everything from OA till now. I still revisit Lift A Sail a lot

AelNire likes this.
  9. morken

Not everything means something, honey Supporter

Yellowcard is probably the only band from my "pop-punk youth" that I still listen to regularly, and still love just as much as back in the One for the kids/underdogEP/Ocean Ave days. It's because they've kept making great records. I'm excited to hear what this one will bring.

Has there been any interviews yet where they've talked about this album? It seems to me like we've heard nothing about it, the process, inspiration, etc..

10. Kixur413

Need another Lights and Sounds record. I loved that direction they were heading.

11. Lift A Sail has become my favorite album, which was unexpected. Bring it on !

CMilliken likes this.
  12. Uknown76

Please please please, not a "Lift A Sail 2.0"

Mr. Serotonin likes this.
  13. billyboatman

Hopelessly Hopeful

Looking forward to it.

14. carlosonthedrums

Cooler than a polar bear's toenails Prestigious

Awesome news. I haven't kept up with their social media in a while, so I wonder who's on drums for this one. Tucker Rule?

15. Schooner

Trusted

I remember liking their last 2 albums. But they deadset slipped through the cracks for me. Didn't really spin them after 3-4 initial listens. Especially LAS

16. GetUpAndrew

Constant horror and bone-deep dissatisfaction.

Most anticipated record.

17. tomtom94

Trusted

Excited to hear the first song.

Lift a Sail was alright, but I ran out of desire to listen to it again very quickly.

18. Damien Davies

Idk Maybe Supporter

Hell yeah

19. bruinrk

Rob from We Are the In Crowd (and owner of Doug the Pug)

20. chickenlover

Said I'm okay, but I know how to lie.

Triple Please, huh? They said on twitter that YC8 would sound nothing like Lift a Sail.

So excited for "Empty Street"! Finally we get this song.

Nope, Nate Young.
    Rob's just their touring drummer.

21. Schooner

Trusted

Wait? Doug the Pug on Facebooks owner is in that band??

22. Jake W

oh my god, I'm back on my bullshit Prestigious

I realised recently that I only love every other album they release(I.e I love Ocean Avenue, Paper Walls and Southern Air). I hope this trend continues.

23. jorbjorb

7 rings

I wasn't into the last album that much but I loved every other release. I'm stoked for this one.

24. shogunTORTOISE

Regular

If it's anything like Lift a Sail, count me out.

25. CMilliken

Trusted

Their best in my opinion.