Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

Blink-182 Achieves Its Highest Alternative Songs Debut

Discussion in 'Article Discussion' started by Melody Bot, May 6, 2016.

1. Melody Bot

Your friendly little forum bot. Staff Member

This article has been imported from chorus.fm for discussion. All of the forum rules still apply.

Kevin Rutherford, writing for Billboard, points out that Blink-182 just had their highest alternative song debut ever with “Bored to Death.”

All three chart positions mark the highest debuts on each tally in the band’s two-decade career. On Alternative Songs (the only chart of the three that predates Blink-182’s first album, Cheshire Cat, in 1995), the No. 18 opening of “Bored” bests the band’s previous top entrances of No. 25 logged by “First Date” in 2002 and “Up All Night” in 2011. (Those songs went on to peak at Nos. 6 and 3, respectively.)

The post Blink-182 Achieves Its Highest Alternative Songs Debut appeared first on chorus.fm.

2. Ryan

Might be Spider-Man...

Great for them, the fact that they're being so successful after being away, and with Toms bullshit, it's great

3. Brandon Allin

Finest Quality Crappy Punk Rock Since '92 Prestigious

Fuck yeah.

4. skurt

Sleekest of beaks. So Good.

So happy the songs been so successful so far and topping it climbs to #1! iTunes says I have listened to it 157 times. Built This Pool is up to 61.

5. Dan O'Neill

Regular

That article called Tom a bassist, haha. Oops.

Anyways, fuck yeah. I'm glad to see Blink-182 returning with an impact this time. I'm so ready for this album.

David Parke and Brandon Allin like this.
  6. slimfenix182

FUCKIN SAVAGES IN THAT FUCKIN BOX Prestigious

So happy for blink that the years when Tom was hurting the band seemingly hasn't hurt them. So great to see them doing a huge tour and have so many people hyped for this. Song makes me feel as diehard a blink fan as I was like 15 years ago.

7. Surprising it's their highest song debut.

8. Eric Wilson

Trusted Prestigious

So awesome for them!

9. MightyBrian

This is where I am suppose to write something cool Prestigious

"the only chart of the three that predates Blink-182's first album, Cheshire Cat, in 1995" what happen to budda?

10. lava890

Regular Supporter

Was Up All Night huge for them? #3 sounds great.

11. Dan O'Neill

Regular

Up All Night was big at first, since it was their comeback single.

12. cricketandclover

Things have changed.

What people refer to as Buddha was not released commercially until 1998.

David Parke likes this.
  13. DallasSF

& "California" should be a #1 record when it comes out.

Dan O'Neill likes this.
  14. skurt

Sleekest of beaks. So Good.

I hope so after all the crap Tom put Mark and Travis through they deserve all the success.

Dan O'Neill likes this.
  15. smowashere

Trusted Supporter

What a time to be a blink fan, seriously.

16. Expanse

I can't stop listening to Bored. My favorite Blink single behind Feeling This

Dan O'Neill and Brandon Allin like this.
  17. heymattrick

Pool Boy at the Vampire Mansion

Tour seems to be selling very well also. Several dates sold out already. I completely blanked on getting tickets at 10am when they went on sale, and by afternoon only upper 300s level tickets for Pepsi Center were available so had to get a floor ticket off a reseller.

18. Richter915

Trusted Prestigious

Had no idea up all night got so popular.

19. Brandon Allin

Finest Quality Crappy Punk Rock Since '92 Prestigious

Toronto show, 16k cap venue, sold out in just a few minutes. I know all kinds of people who couldn't get there hands on tickets. Pretty impressive.

Dan O'Neill likes this.
  20. razorburn May 8, 2016
    (Last edited: May 8, 2016)
    razorburn

Trusted

Buddha is a demo. It wasn't until Kung-Fu reissued it in '98, that people began incorrectly referring to it as their debut album.

Dan O'Neill likes this.
  21. BigG1392

seems so scary to be buried

So happy for them! Keep climbing the charts, guys!

Brandon Allin likes this.
  22. MightyBrian

This is where I am suppose to write something cool Prestigious

wow i never looked at it that way...i guess i am up there in age