Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

Fuse Talks With John Feldmann

Discussion in 'Article Discussion' started by Melody Bot, May 5, 2016.

1. Melody Bot

Your friendly little forum bot. Staff Member

This article has been imported from chorus.fm for discussion. All of the forum rules still apply.

Fuse spoke with John Feldmann about working with ** Blink-182** on their new album.

It gave me goosebumps on the spot. I thought, “This is it.” In my mind I knew I had the job. Then he started playing bass chords and I was like, “Fuck, I’m in love with this guy.” That was the first song we did together as a group. [Matt] Skiba came in, he’s the new guy, he liked that Mark liked it. He wrote the whole second verse. He came in and sang it in one pass, he’s that kind of guy. He crushed it in one take. At the end of the track Travis asked, “Why don’t you give me one minute of click and let me just play whatever the fuck I want?” which is how the ending of the song becomes this big crescendo of Travis Barker with these strings and Matt Skiba gang vocals.

2. Legocarpet

That little bass moment before "I'm not coming home" really is a nice touch.

3. slimfenix182

FUCKIN SAVAGES IN THAT FUCKIN BOX Prestigious

Feldmann does seem like the most stoked guy ever in general. Can't wait to hear this thing.

Christian Romero likes this.
  4. carlosonthedrums

Cooler than a polar bear's toenails Prestigious

I can't believe how many times I've had to listen to that song to figure out who is singing what. Works unbelievably well though.

5. Steeeve Perry

Trusted

I didn't like that line "Life is too short to last long" at all. I read somewhere else it might be about being premature in the bedroom and actually like it more now. At least it makes some sense instead of just sounding dumb.

6. Feldman sounds awesome

Brandon Allin likes this.
  7. Brandon Allin

Finest Quality Crappy Punk Rock Since '92 Prestigious

Had the opportunity of having a few drinks with him years ago after a Goldfinger show. Extremely nice guy.

Christian Romero likes this.
  8. Jake Z

Regular

Feldmann does sound like a great dude. I love how excited and humbled he is to be working on this album. You can tell he put his heart into it and really pushed Blink to make the best record possible. My hopes are sky high for this album, and I think it will deliver.

9. Heard many stories over the years from friends who have recorded with him. Sounds like a super nice guy, also sounds like he might be completely insane. All positive stuff though. Dude knows how to make a song sound fucking good.