Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

Drake’s ‘Views’ Streamed 250 Million Times

Discussion in 'Article Discussion' started by Melody Bot, May 5, 2016.

1. Melody Bot

Your friendly little forum bot. Staff Member

This article has been imported from chorus.fm for discussion. All of the forum rules still apply.

Drake’s new album, Views, has been streamed over 250 million times and has so far sold 1.2 million copies (this includes the streaming album equivalents).

Over 200 million of Views’ streams have originated in the US, and the album has also sold more than 1 million digital copies through iTunes around the world. Its domestic sales totals aren’t clear yet, but Billboard forecasted over 850,000 digital album sales earlier this week. That’d be the highest total for a male artist since Justin Timberlake’s The 20/20 Experience was released over three years ago. When you add in its streaming figures and individual track sales, the album is on pace to move over 1 million equivalent album units in the US alone. (The international figure is closer to 1.2 million.)

2. Strikegently

close cover, strike gently

What did it sell without the stream equivalents?

3. parkerxcore

Somebody's gonna miss us Supporter

I just don't get it.

182 Jack Mannequins likes this.
  4. Ravelle17

If only it were interesting.

5. tigereatsapple

850,000 digital album sales

6. tigereatsapple

insane numbers and to think the physical/digital release is tomorrow... unbelievable.

7. FTank

Prestigious Prestigious

That probably contributed to the streams being so high this week haha.

8. CMilliken

Trusted

Wish I could get that hour of my life back.

182 Jack Mannequins likes this.
  9. FTank

Prestigious Prestigious

Yikes.

10. jlinitz

John Linitz @jlinitz

I love this album. Was iffy on it after the first listen but now I can't stop. It grew on me for sure

11. 182 Jack Mannequins

I don't get the hype at all. Since Drake came out back in the late 00's, all I hear is monotone rapping over beats that could be made in Garageband.

CMilliken likes this.
  12. shouts23

Hi, I'm Negan ;)

same. I get sick of the Drake rapping all the time, I need these slow songs bad. "Fire and Desire" might be one of my top Drake songs.

13. CMilliken

Trusted

Same! I listen to every release by him in hopes something clicks, but I don't get it. Never will. His monotone rapping makes every song sound the same.