Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

‘The Dream Walker’ Demos on Sale, but Not Really “On Sale”

Discussion in 'Article Discussion' started by Melody Bot, May 4, 2016.

1. Melody Bot

Your friendly little forum bot. Staff Member

This article has been imported from chorus.fm for discussion. All of the forum rules still apply.

Angels and Airwaves have released the demos from The Dream Walker for $16.99. Two thoughts: That’s almost Beyoncé money and the idea of this being “best selling” sure smells a little like this.

Track Listing

1. Anomaly Vocal (Demo)
    2. Anomaly Instrumental (Demo)
    3. Bullets In The Wind Chorus #1 (Demo)
    4. Bullets In The Wind Chorus #2 (Demo)
    5. Bullets In The Wind Chorus #3 (Demo)
    6. The Dream Walker (Demo)
    7. Into The Night (Demo)
    8. Kiss With A Spell (Demo)
    9. Mercenaries Guitar (Demo)
    10. Paralyzed Guitar (Demo)
    11. Paralyzed Verses (Demo)
    12. Paralyzed Instrumental (Demo)
    13. Parasomnia Vocal (Demo)
    14. Recover #1 (Demo)
    15. Recover Instrumental #2 (Demo)
    16. Song 3 (Demo)
    17. Teenagers & Rituals Chorus #1 (Demo)
    18. Teenagers & Rituals Chrous #2 Demo
    19. The Disease Instruments (Demo)
    20. The Disease Vocals (Demo)
    21. The Fighting Season #1 (Demo)
    22. The Fighting Season #2 (Demo)
    23. The Infinite Vocal (Demo)
    24. The Wolfpack #1 (Demo)
    25. The Wolfpack #2 (Demo)
    26. Tremors (Demo)

2. noKings

Regular

Thought the same thing...

3. simonthm

Lol. I feel like Tate personally has it out for Tom Delonge.

4. Jacob Davidson

Regular

Why? It is bullshit to charge that much for demos.

David Parke, coleslawed and Raku like this.
  5. DesolateEarth

Birb

Hahahahahahhahahahaha $17 for Tom's demos? No thanks. I'll save 5 bucks and preorder the new blink album instead

David Parke, Raku and mattylikesfilms like this.
  6. Piercalicious

Regular

TIL this album exists

David Parke likes this.
  7. stefoske

Is the Dream Walker any good itself?

8. GEM37

She haunts the roads

Personally, I really enjoyed it. The songs are a lot more compact and not as 'meandering' as most of AVA's output.

Doesn't mean I'd shell out $17 for demos, though.

9. mattylikesfilms

Trusted

Honestly, it has some of the best songs Tom has ever written post Blink. "Teenagers & Rituals" is probably my favorite song.

I usually hate 75% of every AVA record and I actually really like about half of the record so that's... something?

10. ekjohnson4

Not Hydra

I agree with this. I usually have like three or four songs from each AVA record I like, but I can listen to Dream Walker all the way through.

mattylikesfilms likes this.
  11. Raku

Regular

Tom DeLonge just doesn't want to stop disappointing us.

It's actually disturbing to me that Tom is doing this. I mean normally when musicians release demos it's usually bundled with an album (as a bonus incentive), or given away for free if the musician is awesome enough to do that. The fact that Tom is selling this demo album more than the original seems like a terrible joke.

Also part of me wonders if Tom was inspired by how (successful?) the last demo album did. Although to be fair that only worked because that was original material with songs never heard before. This just seems like a pathetic (and disappointing) cash grab.

I wish Tom would just step back and think before he ruins his reputation even more, but at this point I'm not sure if he even cares (or if he is even self-aware enough to notice). Which is sad for me to feel this way/say all of this because Tom was my favorite member of blink-182, I enjoy his music (for what it is nowadays), but again Tom just needs to stop before things get worse.

coleslawed likes this.
  12. simonthm

First, he can charge whatever he wants for his demos. You don't have to buy them. But go ahead and get angry.

To my original point, I feel like their a tone of condescension and spite in everything he posts or comments about Tom. I am not arguing whether or not it's justified- that's subjective. However, it's gotten to the point where he goes out of his way to do so- that's objective.

13. jorbjorb

7 rings

lol i want to hear these though. the original album sucked mad ass as is.

Raku likes this.
  14. Ryan

Might be Spider-Man...

Tom has done more than enough for criticism.

15. Dirty Sanchez

Prestigious Prestigious

[​IMG]

David Parke and mattylikesfilms like this.
  16. coleslawed

Eat Pizza

at least this version of the cover art looks slightly better than the original.
    AVA lost me after LOVE.

17. Dirty Sanchez

Prestigious Prestigious

Same here.

18. therookielot

Punk, Absolute Prestigious

Why are there parts to one song as different tracks? Is he trying to do like a build your own album/choose your own adventure thing?

19. Raku

Regular

Knowing Tom, that is most likely the case.

20. Typing a sentence is not going out of my way. It takes basically no time at all. And if it's justified, which you admit is up to me to decide!, then it's even less "out of my way."

coleslawed, Jacob Davidson and Raku like this.
  21. Peachfuzz

I'll be with you the whole way.

--> Youtube :speakno:

22. Genuine question, would you say any of this kind of stuff to him/call him out on his odd behaviour if for example you got an interview with him? I've always been a believer of not saying anything online that I wouldn't say in real life.

23. Of course.

Raku likes this.
  24. stefoske

Any chance you would get an interview with him? That would be fantastic.

25. I've had various bulk PR people that work for Tom email me over the years and pitch an interview. I say of course (even the one where it was pitched for 5 minutes). They get rejected by management after I agree or there's something comes up every time. I think I'm being purposefully avoided — now there's a conspiracy theory I can get behind.

Peachfuzz and Raku like this.