Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

New Found Glory – “Shook by Your Shaved Head”

Discussion in 'Article Discussion' started by Melody Bot, Apr 7, 2020.

1. Melody Bot

Your friendly little forum bot. Staff Member

This article has been imported from chorus.fm for discussion. All of the forum rules still apply.

New Found Glory have debuted the new song “Shook by Your Shaved Head” and the band talked with Spin about the upcoming album:

I think what’s really cool about having 9 or 10 albums is that we’ve never been this free as a band. There’s no pressure to try to accomplish anything or reinvent the world, so we’re able to be exactly who we are because we’ve been appreciated by our fans for so long. When we read a comment from a fan and they’re like ‘This sucks!’ It’s like ‘Well, you’ve got another 9 albums, and there’ll probably be another one in 2 years.’

2. Former Planets

Aaaachem!

I liked this album (based on the leak) until Jason pointed out some of the lyrics and ruined it.

3. Jusscali

Synth-Bop Enthusiast Prestigious

I really don’t like the record...but his sentiments couldn’t be any truer. See ya in 2 years, my dudes!

4. Former Planets

Aaaachem!

It's still better than Radiosurgery.

5. cosmickid

Composer, but never composed.

Are they problematic or something, or just bad?

6. Kuri44

Anthem For The Unwanted, Drill It In My Brain, I’m Not The One, Ready Aim Fire!, Summer Fling Don’t Mean A Thing, Memories and Battle Scars are all better than most of the latest album.

Shook By Your Shaved Head, Nothing To Say, Stay Awhile, and Like I Never Existed are the only ones that I come back to

Anthony_Soprano likes this.
  7. Jusscali

Hard to say. I won’t really listen to either so it’s a tie in my book lol

falafelmywaffle likes this.
  8. tomtom94

Trusted

Bold call given Radiosurgery is their best album

9. Former Planets

Aaaachem!

One could say bad. A little cheesy and silly, but in a way that denotes poor craftsmanship not intentional goofiness.

Wha????

cosmickid and falafelmywaffle like this.
  10. Jusscali

Kids drunk.

falafelmywaffle likes this.
  11. pbueddi

Trusted

I'd add in Himalaya and The Way You Deserve.

12. SpinelessYesBloke

Co-host of The Wasting Time Podcast

Agreed, love that album aside from the title track

13. AlwaysEvolving21

Trusted Supporter

Eh, you were gonna hear them on your own anyways. Took me a couple listens to realize what I was listening to and was like WTF.

14. slimfenix182

FUCKIN SAVAGES IN THAT FUCKIN BOX Prestigious

Sorry but possibly the worst take ever on this site including the AP years

15. Colby Searcy

Is admired for his impeccable (food) tastes Prestigious

This is my least favorite of the 3 released so far, hard to understand what he's saying most of the time.

I don't think Radiosurgery is their best album but it's definitely not their worst. I enjoy Radiosurgery alot tbh, some of the catchiest and riffiest songs they've ever released

Anthony_Soprano and pbueddi like this.
  16. AlwaysEvolving21

Trusted Supporter

I like Radiosurgery a lot for it’s cheesiness.

17. fredwordsmith

Trusted Supporter

Anyone who puts Radiosurgery below NWAF or Resurrection is nuts.

BornToRun and trevorshmevor like this.
  18. slimfenix182

FUCKIN SAVAGES IN THAT FUCKIN BOX Prestigious

I like Radiosurgery but it is like NWAF to me in that I have an impossible time trying to recall how almost all the songs on those records go if I'm not listening to them. Radiosurgery is prob catchier than NWAF, the few best songs on Resurrection are great but the bad songs are BAD.

I can't fathom putting Radiosurgery above any of their first 5 or Makes Me Sick, much less above them all.

fredwordsmith likes this.
  19. Kuri44

Radiosurgery is better than resurrection overall, but Resurrection will always have a special place in my heart due it to coming out at the perfect time in my life. Had just gotten out of a long relationship, started a new job, trying to make better life choices, etc. so the whole resurrection message and trying to be a better person really clicked with me

Bartek T. likes this.
  20. SFguitar

Regular

NWAF is great. They haven't put out anything close to it since.

21. -deleted-

-

Band is great at what they do still. Radiosurgery is awesome. Not Without A Fight is awesome. NFG is awesome and the pop punk goat.

22. johnthegawd

@theinsideoutband

Love this band to death, but this is by farrr their worst album. I dont understand how they didnt scrap all these half baked ideas and start over....ehh yup, see ya in 2022 boys!

thisisasong likes this.
  23. gbuffers

England.

I agree with most of the sentiment on here (apart from Radiosurgery being the best).

NFG has been my only 'favourite' band for the last 20+ years and I have loved everything they've put out, but this album hasn't gripped me as much as the others did. Not bad by any means, just not the usual - and I agree about some of the lyrics. There are still some good songs... But it almost feels like a collection of demos / ideas.

24. huntercrunch

Regular

I personally like the album, and while the lyrics are ungoly terrible, the songs themselves are just catchy enough for me to still dig it. I haven't stopped listening either, so it at the least has staying power for me.

Since we still haven't heard Same Side Sitters, I'm going to predict it's the greatest song they've ever written, and laugh about this comment later when the album's actually released.

As for Shook by Your Shaved Head, the lyrics are absolutely ridiculous, but It still just works for me.

Also, Radiosurgery is totally underrated. I think it's one of their most consistent albums to date. Love that album.

StoJa9 likes this.
  25. pbueddi

Trusted

Radiosurgery is definitely catchier than Resurrection, but not the better record overall (if that makes sense). NWAF is better than both of them.

With regards to Shook By Your Shaved Head, this is a perfect example of one of their songs having silly lyrics, but still being damn catchy. That's not necessarily the case with a lot of songs on this record, but there are enough that can be put together to make a decent record.