Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

StubHub Hit With $5M Class Action Lawsuit Over Coronavirus Refund Policy

Discussion in 'Article Discussion' started by Melody Bot, Apr 7, 2020.

1. Melody Bot

Your friendly little forum bot. Staff Member

This article has been imported from chorus.fm for discussion. All of the forum rules still apply.

Billboard:

A Wisconsin man has filed a $5 million dollar federal class action lawsuit against StubHub for not refunding money he spent on a suspended NHL game.

Filed by plaintiff Matthew McMillan last Thursday in U.S. District Court in Wisconsin, the complaint accuses the ticket resale company of breach of contract and negligent misrepresentation, among other claims. McMillan is asking the court to prohibit StubHub from issuing coupons worth 120% of the purchase price in lieu of refunds and to order the company to reinstate its pre-March 20 refund policy.

heymattrick likes this.
  2. heymattrick

Pool Boy at the Vampire Mansion

Take ‘em down!!

3. ramres

Next Show: Arlo Parks --4/2

Hope this changes the policy. I bought 3 tickets to Taylor Swift on StubHub that came out to $1,400. I need that money back if it gets cancelled, how do they expect me to arrange with my friends every time they wanna use their part of the credit. Plus, what about the families who bought tickets with kids. How the hell are they gonna use up $1,000+ in StubHub credit?

4. DerekIsAGooner

So assuming that this weekend...

Follow the European route. Make scalping and second-hand ticket sales illegal and institute ID checks at shows to make sure the people buying tickets are the people using tickets.

pauljgreco and Brett Wright like this.