Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

PVRIS Tapped in as WWE Theme Song

Discussion in 'Article Discussion' started by Melody Bot, May 4, 2016.

1. Melody Bot

Your friendly little forum bot. Staff Member

2. Piercalicious

Regular

There's something funny/interesting to me about this scene's bands pumping out the go-to sports/athletic competition anthems now, given how antithetical the whole scene seemed to jock-culture when I got into it... Pretty sure if you'd have told a bunch of prototypical bro-jocks in 04/05 that they'd be playing Fall Out Boy and Panic as pump-up tracks at the Super Bowl, they'd have laughed in your face and cracked an eyeliner/razorblade joke.

Penguin and Jusscali like this.
  3. Behind the Barricade

https://www.behindthecade.com

Great song but odd choice for this PPV. Should've went Mayhem by Halestorm but that's just my pick.

Edit: Looks like WWE already did it for their NXT PPV in March.

4. jorbjorb

7 rings

Badass

5. Eric Wilson

Trusted Prestigious

Sweet.

6. notbrokejustbent

At Payback on Sunday, the official theme song was a solo Andy Black song.

As a side note, one of the biggest wrestlerson yhe roster, Seth Rollins, is a huge fan of this scene. He's friends with Soupy and promotes bands like State Champs, TWY, FYS and ADTR on his Instagram all the time. Pretty cool.

He actually probably has an account on here/Absolutepunk.

ChainsawJedis likes this.
  7. Behind the Barricade

https://www.behindthecade.com

Well if a Colby Lopez signed up, chances are it's him.

8. ChainsawJedis

Regular

It seems like Corey Graves probably has a lot to do with the scene intergration as well, at least on the NXT side. I know they've used Sleeping with Sirens, Bring me the Horizon, and Motionless in White among others. He's always doing things within the scene as well.

Along with Paige being engaged to the guitarist from ADTR, it seems like there is more intergration of this scene than ever into pro wrestling, which is the coolest thing to me.