Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

The 1975 – “Jesus Christ 2005 God Bless America”

Discussion in 'Article Discussion' started by Melody Bot, Apr 3, 2020.

1. Melody Bot

Your friendly little forum bot. Staff Member

2. Frank Lapidus

Regular Supporter

I think this album is shaping up to be their most diverse and I love that.

3. SuNDaYSTaR

Regular Prestigious

I'm getting some strong Bon Iver, Bon Iver vibes from the instrumentation.

4. Serenity Now

deliver us from e-mail Supporter

Guys this is good.

5. Bartek T.

D'oh! Prestigious

It's really nice ;d I'm just quite disappointed they haven't put Phoebe in any credits or mark her with a feat., that would really help her expand, but yeah...

6. Daniel182

Let's hold our breath until we disappear

7. Bartek T. Apr 7, 2020
    (Last edited: Apr 7, 2020)
    Bartek T.

D'oh! Prestigious

yeah I saw that, and it's just a half-assed idea in my opinion. Phoebe agreed but it's rather for her disservice - in a small way, but still - as a fan I actually had found out through her instagram beforehand anyways, whereas lots of 1975 fans will definitely not have any kind of a "surprise discovery", seeing as they might not know her. It's fine, but it would be just an easy and usual way for some people to get some heads up etc.

The moment of surprise has been long gone, and the song is now left without proper credits that would help Phoebe expand. As for the latter - "only 30 seconds"? What hahh, 30 second is a lot ;o and with this song it's actually a typical duet, it's a weird idea. That would be a clever move if the feat. artist was bigger than the main artist, but this way it's just a waste of an easy opportunity to help somebody get new fans.

EDIT: that's not to say I believe every 1975 fan doesn't know her voice and music - I assume even lots of people might as well! and they might have this "surprise" upon first listen. But it's not worth it in contra with how many new fans she could possibly get by a simple annotation, I guess.

Daniel182 likes this.