Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

The National to Begin Recording Soon

Discussion in 'Article Discussion' started by Melody Bot, May 4, 2016.

1. Melody Bot

Your friendly little forum bot. Staff Member

This article has been imported from chorus.fm for discussion. All of the forum rules still apply.

In a new interview with Pitchfork, The National mention that they are set to begin recording their new album soon.

Dessner said of the studio, “We need a new home because everybody is scattered,” since frontman Matt Berninger now lives in Los Angeles and Bryce splits his time between the Catskills and Paris. He adds that he’s “been really, really working hard on the National stuff now, so that’s mainly, almost every day,” and that they will “do the whole record there, because it’ll just be fun and a good feeling.”

2. contra11mundum

I hate spoilers. Supporter

Yes please.

3. iam1bearcat

i'm writing a book, leave me alone.

FINALLY!

4. fran.182

Regular Prestigious

They have said multiple times they want to go in a different direction with this record, but I'll take it either way. I don't think their sound is exhausted at all.

At least until now, I can't see them as safe or boring. Every album has a strong identity and offers me a different vibe/tone, even if they are variations of the same thing... Maybe I feel this away because The National are consistently so damn good.

5. Frinet42

Regular Supporter

Awwww yisssssssss

6. Strikegently

close cover, strike gently

Starting my "most anticipated: 2017" list early.