Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

The London Street Artist Behind Blink-182’s New Album Art

Discussion in 'Article Discussion' started by Melody Bot, May 4, 2016.

1. Melody Bot

Your friendly little forum bot. Staff Member

This article has been imported from chorus.fm for discussion. All of the forum rules still apply.

NME interviewed D*Face, the artist behind Blink-182’s latest album artwork:

“But those first ideas that I sent, they said ‘nothing’s really doing it for us.’ [see above and below for the rejected album artworks] There was an illustration, however, that I’d worked on about a year and a half ago that I’d parked up and not got round to finishing. I looked at it and thought how California, to me, is about driving, the birth of the hot-rod and that whole lifestyle – so it made sense if it had a car in it. So that was the first checkpoint for me where I realised it was working. I sent that idea over and Matt [Skiba] and Travis were like ‘that’s the one. That the shit!’ But, to be honest with you, Mark [Hoppus] was like ‘I’m not so sure…’ – so it wasn’t straightforward, let’s put it like that!”

Seeing some of the rejected art ideas is pretty cool. I’m definitely a fan of what they ended up with.

2. irthesteve

formerly irthesteve Prestigious

Oh man, those rejected ones are SO bad haha. I dig the final product

3. don't fret

the highway sign would make a cool shirt

slimfenix182 likes this.
  4. slimfenix182

FUCKIN SAVAGES IN THAT FUCKIN BOX Prestigious

I kind of like the first rejected one in that article with the four people, but I think the album cover they got is awesome.

fran.182 likes this.
  5. quietwords

RIP EmoPunkKid28: 2002-2016 Prestigious

I dig the highway sign one, haha.

6. SEANoftheDEAD

Trusted

Highway sign looks badass!

7. jorbjorb

7 rings

first one is cool

8. theredline May 4, 2016
    (Last edited: May 4, 2016)
    theredline

Trusted Supporter

I like them all. I like the street sign the most...I don't dislike what they chose...I just don't love it, but oh man I love the song!

9. Highway sign is cool, the first one is a bit too busy imo. I dig what they eventually went with though.

10. wisdomfordebris

Moderator Moderator

i just can't believe how many random people travis is friends with.

Dan O'Neill likes this.
  11. Serenity Now

deliver us from e-mail Supporter

Damn! I really like that second rejected cover a lot.