Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

Extremely Old Fall Out Boy Song Surfaces

Discussion in 'Article Discussion' started by Melody Bot, Mar 20, 2020.

1. Melody Bot

Your friendly little forum bot. Staff Member

Chase Tremaine likes this.
  2. All Systems Goku

What are these….distortion noises? This is Fall Out boy? I don’t know.. that weird noise in that song doesn’t sound like FOB, I mean where are the synths or an 808? I did some wikipedia research and it seems like that crunch sound is something called a guitar? I don’t trust it… fake news.

SuNDaYSTaR and thisisasong like this.
  3. cosmickid

Composer, but never composed.

well that didn't take long

4. Bayside 182 Mar 20, 2020
    (Last edited: Mar 20, 2020)
    Bayside 182

Wolverine Supporter

My dad used to tell me stories about a band by this name that played this guitar but I never believed it to be true. ( I don’t mind their new sound however. )

Im glad someone saw something in this band to have them keep going because this song is Ummm not great even by high school band standards (and I’m a FOB fan)

Edit: just listened to an old cd I had back from high school and this FOB isn’t that bad on second thought

5. joey-wan kenobi

Happiness is a warm gun mama

Obligatory post:

if people want to hear bands that sound like *insert criteria* then go find a new band to listen to. there’s certainly no shortage of angsty 19 yr olds writing music.

6. Dan O'Neill

Regular

This kinda rules. Sounds like all the punk bands that I used to see at local YMCA and firehouse shows back then. :)

7. Matt Metzler

Space Cadet Prestigious

Wish they'd release some of the demos/b-sides from the Cork Tree era that still haven't surfaced, especially this song:

8. Walkabout

Regular

this is sick. Reminds me of the early Say Anything stuff with slightly "better" vocal performance

SuNDaYSTaR and Dan O'Neill like this.
  9. rbf737

Regular

I agree with this assessment. Thought it sounded pretty good, actually. You can see the progression from it.

Dan O'Neill likes this.
  10. michaelvalerijr

Pressure's mountin' but I don't Everest

The back half of this is essentially “Short, Fast, and Loud” from their first CD, but still cool!

11. SEANoftheDEAD

Trusted

Well this was..something.

12. SamLevi11

Trusted Prestigious

This was cool in a nostalgic sense. I don’t vibe with new FOB at all but also anything pre-TTTYG is really bad.