Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

Live Nation Planning to Pause All Tours Due to Coronavirus

Discussion in 'Article Discussion' started by Melody Bot, Mar 12, 2020.

1. Melody Bot

Your friendly little forum bot. Staff Member

This article has been imported from chorus.fm for discussion. All of the forum rules still apply.

Billboard:

Recognizing national concerns over the spread of the coronavirus, Live Nation is instructing its touring shows to prepare to return home, Billboard has learned. The announcement affects all Live Nation tours, domestically and internationally.

Earlier Thursday (March 12) the company told employees it is hitting the pause button on current touring arena shows through the end of the month. A few shows will play out Thursday and Friday, but the remainder of the shows starting this weekend will be postponed.

2. macbethfan

Trusted Supporter

Oh my gosh. This is nuts.

3. Former Planets

Aaaachem!

Yeah. The world is just shutting down. Dominos really started to fall today.

smowashere and macbethfan like this.
  4. WasteSomeTime

Regular

Fast and furious 9 was also delayed a whole year

dustman likes this.
  5. sawhney[rusted]2

I'll write you into all of my songs Supporter

I thought you meant the Domnios stock at first and was intrigued by your metric of the world ending lol

6. parkerxcore

Somebody's gonna miss us Supporter

Wooow is my Silverstein show cancelled?!?!:verysad::worried:

7. BradBradley

Regular

nah, that’s the Waffle House Index

wrenleslie, Brent and AVanMill17 like this.
  8. whitenblue88

The rivalry is back on

I’m going to a show tonight and I think(?) I’m getting in just under the cutoff

9. heymattrick

Pool Boy at the Vampire Mansion

Considering GOING to a show tonight that I had no intention of going to previously (Post Malone in Denver) just because I may not get to go to one for a while...

10. macbethfan

Trusted Supporter

Post Malone is one of the Live Nation tours that’s getting postponed, so if you do go, tonight or tomorrow could be his last show for a while.

11. Tom Lee

Regular

Yep. This is decimating the live music industry. I tour full-time as a freelancer, and all of my booked upcoming tours from mid-March to June has been cancelled. That's all of my income for those months. I'm currently out for one more week with Elvis Costello, thankfully these last few shows are still going ahead (I think), but only with 4 more shows left, then I've got to figure out what to do, perhaps for the rest of the year. I feel for all the crew + smaller artists who are in a similar position.

12. fbrrocks

Trusted

mulan, new mutans and other movie from disney got delayed

Dan O'Neill likes this.
  13. CyberInferno

Line below my username Supporter

14. cosmickid

Composer, but never composed.

Hope you can work things out man.

15. SuNDaYSTaR

Regular Prestigious

Here in Quebec, the premier banned all indoor events of more than 250 people until further notice, so here go all my concerts planned for the next few months.

My heart is really with all the (mostly self-employed) workers that are forced to take some unpaid time.

16. TJ Wells

Trusted Prestigious

Obviously the big hope here is that these extreme methods prove beneficial. There was an interesting article about how if China had enacted their extreme measures a week or two earlier, it would’ve been 2/3 less bad, but just a week later, it could’ve been 13 times worse.

17. heymattrick

Pool Boy at the Vampire Mansion

Update: I definitely did not go to that concert last night.

sawhney[rusted]2 and macbethfan like this.
  18. macbethfan

Trusted Supporter

After thinking about it, you made the right call. I had a friend that went to Billie Eilish’s show right before they announced cancellations, and all I could think about is their health as a result of going. Stay safe out there.

heymattrick and sawhney[rusted]2 like this.
  19. Delysid

Regular

I’m preparing online learning opportunities for students

20. rxbandit89

probably over-caffeinated. Supporter

I work in the Office of Online Learning at a university. They just made the decision to move classes to remote instruction for the next 2 - 3 weeks. The last few days have been a whirlwind.