Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

Mark Hoppus on Live 105

Discussion in 'Article Discussion' started by Melody Bot, May 4, 2016.

1. Melody Bot

Your friendly little forum bot. Staff Member

This article has been imported from chorus.fm for discussion. All of the forum rules still apply.

Blink-182 continued their media blitz yesterday with Live 105’s Kevin Klein. Mark Hoppus talks about how Tom DeLonge’s Facebook post came as a surprise and how he hadn’t spoken to Tom in over a “year and a half,” how he is really just focused on this new album, and how great it’s been to work with Matt Akiba.

thedrudo likes this.
  2. Jacob Davidson

Regular

I'm guessing they weren't even gonna address it unless asked. Tom continues to lie to everyone surprising no one.

Raku likes this.
  3. yeahrightdude

Trusted Prestigious

Damn. I figured this was the case but I didn't really want to think Tom was THAT crazy.

Raku likes this.
  4. Kizwiz

Regular

He seriously needs to stop lying to save face. He's influencing plenty of blink fans and is causing nothing but confusion. It's pathetic.

Raku likes this.
  5. MattNCheeze

Trusted

I love Matt Akiba.

Dirty Sanchez, bptky, GEM37 and 3 others like this.
  6. Brandon Allin

Finest Quality Crappy Punk Rock Since '92 Prestigious

Mark said he "hadn't" spoken to Tom in over a year and a half, but it seems he may have recently prior to Tom's post.

Nonetheless, Tom just needs to stay quiet. His whole statement reeked of desperation.

Raku likes this.
  7. ChaseTx

Big hat enthusiast Prestigious

Wow, that's crazy.

Looking forward to this Akiba person though ;-)

MattNotMatthew likes this.
  8. Kizwiz

Regular

Also, is the song leaking a day early really that big of a deal? Is it just a factor of wanting Kroq to get more listeners?

Raku likes this.
  9. GameOfThrones

Regular

he knows it's pathetic, he knew when she said it.

10. elemenohpe

Irregular Prestigious

11. spencpants

Can I pet your dog? Prestigious

12. Tim McCall

Regular

13. Audrey Horne

Regular Prestigious

Who the fuck is Matt Akiba?

slimfenix182 likes this.
  14. FTank

Prestigious Prestigious

Matt Akiba has potential to be even better than Matt Skiba.

slimfenix182 likes this.
  15. skurt

Sleekest of beaks. So Good.

Matt Akiba is a Skiba-Aoki lovechild, it is known.

slimfenix182 and FTank like this.
  16. Woohoo!

Regular

Travis said that he and Tom have talked some and they send each other funny pictures and stuff. It makes me wonder if Travis does this in order to get some sort of leverage of influence over Tom. Like Tom won't threaten legal action against the band for using a band name that he likely has partial ownership in if his buddy Travis texts him all the time. Maybe Travis can somewhat trick Tom into enjoying not being in Blink. He could say "Man, this tour is really taxing. Wish I could just work from home writing books like you do..." and then Tom will be ok with not being in Blink and he'll let it be.

Kizwiz, Dan O'Neill, Raku and 2 others like this.
  17. nicholas

Brave of them to go with this unknown Akiba guy to replace their replacement. Wondering how this will affect the new albums release.

18. HelloThisIsDog

Trusted

Tom is like that crazy ex-girlfriend who is always begging for your attention.

Raku likes this.
  19. Ryan

Might be Spider-Man...

Really? Now he's lying about talking to Mark and Travis? Cmon man.

Raku likes this.
  20. don't fret

That CBS site is a mess, can anyone find the link to the interview?

21. kiguel182

Regular

They didn't talk for one year and half before the recent talks? Now that's just sad.

Clearly they weren't a real band anymore. This was for the best.

22. Nice typo Jason.

23. mattylikesfilms

Trusted

I think it's fair to officially dislike Tom at this point. He's either back on pills or delusional since he thinks there might be a future with him and the band.

If legal actions persist come next year, I bet you they will just end Blink and start a new band with Skiba that's essentially what California is going to be.

Kizwiz likes this.
  24. GameOfThrones

Regular

i doubt that would happen--ending blink.
    A new band name, even with 2/3 of the original members doesn't draw the same crowd. Same reason +44 cant sell out arenas but Blink 182 with Skiba can and will. It's all in the name. Heck, when I walk pass a venue and it's advertising "Flyleaf" or "Three Days Grace" you buy a ticket because you know the name and you have no plans for your Friday night. It's only at the show do you realize that they don't even have the original singer, and they released a new album that you might want to check out.

25. mattylikesfilms

Trusted

I agree about it not selling as well. You're 100% right. Band names are everything once you hit a certain status. I'm just saying, imagine if Tom lawyers up hardcore and comes at them with a hefty settlement price. Blink makes money, definitely, but it's not 1997 for them anymore.

Also I hope you don't go to Flyleaf or Three Days Grace shows :tear:

Kizwiz and hongfong00 like this.