Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

Dance Gavin Dance Announce New Album; Share New Video

Discussion in 'Article Discussion' started by Melody Bot, Feb 21, 2020.

1. Melody Bot

Your friendly little forum bot. Staff Member

2. Bayside 182

Wolverine Supporter

Lol Mess in this video! Diggin the track as well.

3. zachmacD

Trusted

The only thing holding me back from loving this band is the screaming. I'm probably in the minority but it seems unnecessary to me

skogsraet likes this.
  4. bmir14

Trusted Supporter

I like this band more and more with every release. Great song

StoJa9 and Chase Tremaine like this.
  5. SuNDaYSTaR

Regular Prestigious

As much as I enjoyed it back in the day, I feel like they're really forcing the screaming parts at times.

Still love the band, though.

skogsraet likes this.
  6. skogsraet

Trusted Supporter

I love this band more than i care to admit most days and i've been feeling that way about the screaming for a loooong time

7. bmir14

Trusted Supporter

Re: screaming and this song, it feels forced throughout, but that ending hits just right

8. Kaduck

Regular

Kinda bummed about the preorder selection on this one. The last two albums had some really good bundles. Ah well. New album is finally almost here. Pumped. These guys have become one of my favorites the last few years. I’ve really enjoyed the work they’ve done Tilian.

9. I actually think Mess' lyrics are one of the draws of the band, for how ridiculous they are. I didn't like their last record because there was so much Tilian, and his lyrics are pretty meaningless as well but not nearly as funny. When I want this band, I think I'll get some crazy riffs, some cool melodies from Tilian, and some crazy lyrics from Mess. Doesn't really work without all three, as forced as the screaming may sound sometimes.

slickdtc likes this.
  10. Matt504

Trusted Prestigious

Feel like if they got rid of the screaming this band could be even better...