Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

The 1975 – “The Birthday Party” Video

Discussion in 'Article Discussion' started by Melody Bot, Feb 19, 2020.

1. Melody Bot

Your friendly little forum bot. Staff Member

2. Delysid

Regular

This video is wild! Song is cool too, not at all what I was envisioning but still somehow it makes sense and fits

Chase Tremaine likes this.
  3. RileyWitiw

more like absolutepop.net Supporter

Whole songs feels like a long verse. Perfectly pleasant but I missing a good 1975 chorus.

4. Ellite25

Regular

This album is shaping up to be disappointing for me. With their Brief Inquiry is was listening to the singles on repeat nonstop. None of these songs have really connected with me at all.

5. somethingwitty

Trusted

im still holding out hope but the new songs just don’t seem to have any type of cohesion.

6. Mr. Serotonin

I'm still staring down the sun Prestigious

There's over twenty songs on the record though and they have a history of doing this. They release like 5 songs that are all TOTALLY different. Then there's 15+ other songs that shape the album and fit all of the seemingly "random" songs together.

ScutFarkus, heymattrick and Delysid like this.
  7. jackyjackyjack

Regular

I hope there's some more songs in the same style as People. That's my favourite single out of this upcoming album and the last one.

somethingwitty likes this.
  8. nohandstoholdonto

problem addict Prestigious

funny, all the songs released from this so far indicate for me is that this is likely going to be their best yet. I didn’t love this one on first listen but it clicked for me in a huge way on my car ride home from work last night and now it’s one of my favorite things they’ve ever done.

9. Leftandleaving

I will be okay. everything Supporter

don't rly care for this one much

Mr. Serotonin likes this.
  10. nohandstoholdonto

problem addict Prestigious

let me explain to you why you should strongly reconsider your position

11. Leftandleaving

I will be okay. everything Supporter

I’m listening

Mr. Serotonin likes this.
  12. Serenity Now

deliver us from e-mail Supporter

cool track. this may be the first full album I end up liking from them. until now, i've only appreciated individual tracks. But I've liked each single they've released so far.