Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

Looking Back at Sum 41’s Congo Documentary

Discussion in 'Article Discussion' started by Melody Bot, Feb 18, 2020.

1. Melody Bot

Your friendly little forum bot. Staff Member

This article has been imported from chorus.fm for discussion. All of the forum rules still apply.

Mike Hohnen, writing for Blunt, looks back at Sum 41’s Congo documentary:

The end result was Rocked: Sum 41 In The Congo, a documentary made in collaboration with NGO War Child Canada. It’s a story that culminates with the band under siege in a hotel room, taking shelter in bath tubs, as warring militias bombarded their surroundings.

“They almost paid with their lives to tell that particular story”, Executive Producer of War Child Canada, Dr. Samantha Nutt recalls of Rocked: Sum 41 In The Congo to Blunt Magazine.

“My job was really to brief them and to provide them with information and to answer their questions, and also to make sure to steward some of the interviews; to make sure that everything was being handled in a sensitive and appropriate way.”

2. SuNDaYSTaR

Regular Prestigious

I totally forgot about that part of the band's history. I should revisit that.

3. SmithBerryCrunch

Trusted Prestigious

pbueddi likes this.
  4. pbueddi

Trusted

Definitely worth a watch.