Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

‘Stranger Things’ Teaser Trailer

Discussion in 'Article Discussion' started by Melody Bot, Feb 14, 2020.

1. Melody Bot

Your friendly little forum bot. Staff Member

2. Jonathan

¯\_(ツ)_/¯ Verified

Surprised they blew this reveal in the teaser.

Analog Drummer likes this.
  3. Ska Senanake

Trusted

The ending of the last episode hinted pretty hard that he was alive. I think they are trying to break the tropes of spending screen time creating big shocking twists of dead characters coming back so they are diving right into the new plot. I dig it.

Also, what would a show homaging everything about the 80s be without full blown russian military involvement. So stoked. These guys could have easily flaked after 1 successful season but they keep doing it right.

4. Jonathan

¯\_(ツ)_/¯ Verified

Yeah… I don’t know why I just kinda expected they might surprise us but it’s not going to stop me from watching obviously. So pumped. S3 was great.

zachmacD likes this.
  5. Analog Drummer

Regular

I was shocked too

6. Walkabout

Regular

This show went downhill incredibly fast. S3 was fucked.

7. Ferrari333SP

Prestigious Supporter

S3 was like, the best season though....

RyanPm40, Jonathan, zachmacD and 2 others like this.
  8. zachmacD

Trusted

Unpopular position but I liked S2 and S3 better than S1. S1 reminded me too much of its influences. Can’t wait for S4

Jonathan likes this.
  9. jackyjackyjack

Regular

Wasn't it confirmed that the next season will be in 2021? Therefore isn't this a little bit early for a teaser trailer?!

10. Walkabout

Regular

How? The complete mis-characterization of Hopper? The complete mid-characterization of Mike? The complete mid-characterization of Joyce? The horrible faux-kiefer Sutherland kid? The horrible suicide squad-esque needle drops? Uma Thurman’s daughter that was inexplicably good at everything and was a genius because ‘?????‘

It was so much worse than the enormous waste of nine hours that was s2.

11. Ferrari333SP

Prestigious Supporter

I think you might be the sole person who has these views, as the overwhelming consensus for the season is a positive one. If anything the main criticism is that the season played it a bit too safe, that it was a bit same-y as the previous seasons. But to each his own

12. Walkabout

Regular

Or maybe you just only look at reviews/ responses of people that agree with your point of view.

Stranger Things season 3 ruined Hopper

13. Ferrari333SP

Prestigious Supporter

Lucas27 and Jonathan like this.
  14. 333 GANG

ACAB

Yeah, I can't even imagine liking this show and not loving S3. So good.

RyanPm40, Analog Drummer and Jonathan like this.
  15. Walkabout

Regular

Imagine thinking RT is any sort of reasonable indicator of quality, especially for tv. Basically every tv show gets a high critic score on RT. TV is not reviewed the same was as film. Check our metacritic, s3 is the lowest review score of the show and anything below 90s on metacritic for tv is pretty much a pan.

Analog Drummer likes this.
  16. 333 GANG

ACAB

Anything below NINETY? What? lol

RyanPm40, Jonathan and zachmacD like this.
  17. Jonathan

¯\_(ツ)_/¯ Verified

S3 has been my favorite so far. ‍

333 GANG likes this.
  18. Analog Drummer

Regular

Season 3 started slow, but those last few eps were prob peak Stranger Things. Espeshcthe final. Wow

Jonathan likes this.
  19. Jonathan

¯\_(ツ)_/¯ Verified

Hopper’s letter still messes me up when I watch that clip.

333 GANG likes this.
  20. wisdomfordebris

Moderator Moderator

IMO The third season was the only great season of the show. I still can't believe how much I loved it after only mildly enjoying the first two.

Jonathan and 333 GANG like this.
  21. Walkabout

Regular

Tv is not reviewed the same way as film. Very few tv shows get low aggregate scores from critics. Not that those scores mean literally anything at all anyway.

22. 333 GANG Feb 19, 2020
    (Last edited: Feb 19, 2020)
    333 GANG

ACAB

I just browsed the TV section on metacritic for a few minutes and it seems the overwhelming majority of shows don’t score 90 or above. Not sure how you can possibly say anything below that is “pretty much a pan.”

Jonathan likes this.
  23. Walkabout

Regular

the overwhelming majority of tv shows suck ass

24. Jonathan

¯\_(ツ)_/¯ Verified

…according to?